Love Sick

(For me, I think I'm going to make a new story every weekend unless I have soccer, then I'll update old ones in my free time. I apologize but during the week I'm packed with schoolwork)

Maya wakes up in the middle of the night hot and sweaty. As soon as she throws the blanket off her, chills crawl up her skin.

She shivers, and feels dizzy as she sits up.

She grabs her phone crying, of course she's just a bit sick but it still doesn't feel nice.

She knows she won't be able to go back to sleep, or take care of herself.

"Lucas?" She whimpers.

"What's wrong Maya?" She can hear the concern in his voice, which is somewhat relaxing to her.

"I feel like absolute," she pauses and covers her mouth. It tastes like and feels like there's acid in her throat. "Crap." She finishes.

"Symptoms?"

"I'm just sick." She tells him, agitated. She feels terrible and he's asking her stupid questions.

"Are you sure...?"

"I'm going to hurl." She rushes to the bathroom and throws up, Lucas gets the pleasure of hearing it through his phone.

Around thirty minutes later, Lucas enters to find Maya curled up in the corner of the bathroom, by the toilet.

She's half-asleep, and more pale than usual.

He lifts her up and sets her gently in bed, "It's going to be alright, okay?" He reassures and she nods.

He grabs a nice sized bowl and hands it to her, he then gets some frozen vegetables and places it on her forehead.

"Do you want me to buy you anything, make you anything?" He asks.

She thinks for a moment, "Chicken noodle soup and Sprite please."

He smiles at her before heading out the door to buy some Sprite.

When he returns he cooks the soup, it's smell is strong.

He can feel the steam from the soup caress his face as he walks with the bowl in his hands.

"Here you go." He says and she sits up, head spinning.

She eats a few bites until he comes back with some Sprite.

Ella enters, rubbing the slumber from her eyes.

"Did you give her medicine?" She yawns and Lucas' eyes widen. How could he forget?

Ella walks into the kitchen and grabs the Pepto Bismol before handing it to him and then returning to bed.

"She's cute." Lucas says as he gives Maya the medicine.

He sits down next to her on the bed and she puts the food down before cuddling into his chest. "Thank you." She mutters.

He kisses her forehead, "Anything for you."

(Tbh Lucaya would be so cute. I'm kind of bummed about the whole Joshaya thing going on in the show but whatever 😂)
~~~
Maya wakes up feeling weak and tired, she notices how Lucas has pulled her close to him with his arm around her waist.

She reaches over and grabs a mint, acknowledging the fact that her breath may smell when she opens her mouth.

Maya turns and faces Lucas, "Good morning." She says and he immediately smiles.

"Hey. How do you feel?"

"Better thanks to you." She tells him and he nods.

"I know, I'm pretty awesome." He chuckles and stretches his arms.

She gets up and starts the shower in their bathroom.

"Can I join you?" He jokes.

"Maybe when we don't have to watch a five year old." She reminds.

"I'll call a babysitter right now." Lucas says and she shakes her head before closing the bathroom door.

"Hey Ella." Lucas greets, noticing that she's already got a bowl of cereal.

"Hi..." She replies, watching The Little Mermaid on the television.

"How do the animals talk?" Lucas asks with a bowl of lucky charms.

"Shh." She hushes.

"No, I'm serious. Like did Ursula cast a spell so they could talk or something? And how come the mermaids get to talk to both humans and fish? What's up with that?" He asks amused by her annoyance.

"Are you serious cowboy dude?"

"Dead. Wait... Cowboy dude? Did Maya tell you...?"

"That you rode a sheep and fell off. Yeah. And then you were stupid enough to ride a bull. Obviously you fell off that too." She replies sassily.

"Wow, Hart is rubbing off on you."

"But that's not a bad thing, especially since you LOOOOVVEEE HERRR." Ella teases.

"I do not LOOOOVVEEE HERR." Lucas mimics and she rolls her eyes.

"Sure you don't."

"How can I prove that I don't?"

Ella shrugs, "Kiss the girl and then look into her eyes and then say you don't. SHALALA YOU GOTTA, KISS THE GIRL." She sings.

Lucas laughs before taking another bite.

Maya comes out in a white sundress, her hair is down and messy.

"Have you guys seen my hairbrush?" She asks them.

Ella and Lucas exchange a look before he walks up to her and kisses her passionately.

He looks at Ella, "You're right."

~~~
(Okay. So I think I'll do a Riarkle chapter next? Comment YES for Riarkle or FIRE for more Lucaya)