Shattered Goodbyes

(Okay I'm not deleting the last chapter anymore)

No One's POV

Lucas and Maya walk together, Ella is in between them, holding their hands.

Maya is squeezing her tiny hand tightly, trying to fight the tears threatening to spill.

Lucas can feel his heart ache, she was starting to actually feel like a daughter of his own, she did help him bring him closer to Maya but he didn't care too much about that.

He treasured every moment between the three of them, he was grateful to have the opportunity to meet and live with a wonderful little girl.

Every now and then, she'd throw a tantrum, but what little kid doesn't?

Ms. Woodstock greets the girl, who releases her tiny hands from the pair of teenager's.

"Bye Ella." Maya croaks, before breaking down and hugging her tightly.

Lucas watches the two, he wished he could of enjoyed the last couple weeks more but Missy destroyed any happiness he could of had.

Maya would stay over with Riley, taking Ella with her. If they were actually married, Maya would of probably divorced Lucas and taken custody of their child.

Maya sees a younger resemblance of herself in Ella, which is one reason why Lucas believes they connected so well.

He watched as Maya's heart shattered while the little girl waved bye and walked away with their teacher.

Lucas went to hug her but she pushed him away before walking home alone.

It's been weeks and she still couldn't forgive him, or cry to him about their loss of a child.

This caused his stomach to churn, his face have a look of discomfort .

On the bright side, Maya, Riley and Farkle hang out together now.... But he's excluded for being a Fuckboy.

Lucas thinks hard about this before punching a desk, and then wincing in pain, holding his hand close to his chest.

~~~

Maya's POV

"Ms. Woodcock told me I can visit her as often as I want until she's adopted.• I tell Riley, kicking my legs back and forth of the edge of her bed.

Riley smiles, "I'm glad."

I bite my lip, "I've been thinking about Lucas lately."

This causes her eyebrows to raise with interest.

She looks at me for a moment before looking down and running her hands along the softness of her bed.

"I know it's bad, but we never really gave him a chance to explain himself." I furrow my brows, "Isn't it you who always says to look for the best in people!?"

Riley has an amused look planted on her face, "Yeah. I'm not objecting to what you're saying Maya. I mean, you obviously still have feelings for him. He's still one of my best friends. I want to know too. I just didn't know how long it'd take you to realize that."

We exchange hopeful looks before crawling out her window together.

We're going to find Lucas.

~~~

No One's POV

Zay enters Topanga's and takes a seat across from his friend.

"It was nice of you to call me up and ask me out on this date." He smiles.

Lucas smirks, "Of course."

The two of them laugh before ordering lunch, two BLT's and two cups filled with Dr. Pepper.

"So honey, you gonna tell me what happened to your hand?"

"Zay, stop." Lucas says amused, "Also I need a moment to think about how to answer your question."

"Okay dear."

"Zay."

"I'm stopping now."

Lucas stabs his straw into his drink, stirring it around in circles until he finally stops and looks up at Zay again.

"We gave away Ella today, so now I've lost both her and Maya."

"Can't you visit?"

"Yes."

"So you haven't lost her?"

"Once she's adopted, which won't take long, I have."

Zay scratches the back of his head, "Sounds like you have a lot of hope." He says sarcastically .

Lucas glares at him, "You expect me to have hope after losing everything?"

"Those two girls aren't everything..." Zay fights and Lucas shakes his head.

"The were... To me."

"I'm hurt, I'm still here Lucas." Zay points out.

"You know what I mean Zay."

"Do I?"

Interrupting their thoughts are a blonde and a brunette.

"Everyone's here... Except Farkle?" Maya says curiously and he clears his throat from behind the counter.

Maya smiles, "I'm working." He tells her.

Maya hugs Farkle, then so does Riley before the girls take a seat by Lucas and Zay.

"So, why'd you sleep with Missy?" Maya bluntly asks.

Lucas looks taken aback.

"I love you girls, askin those questions I'm to afraid to ask." Zay tells them, receiving a glare from Lucas.

"Well?" Maya asks and he looks at her nervously.

"Well..."