Don't Lie

"Riley it isn't true." Maya insists, they're both walking to history class.

"Can you honestly look me in the eyes and say that?" Riley asks.

Maya's hesitation answers her question.

"That's what I thought." Riley says, her eyes are welled up with tears.

"I'm sooo sorry." Maya says, longing for her friends forgiveness.

"Please do me a favor, and ditch class." Riley begs and Maya feels her lip quiver.

Maya nods before walking in the opposite direction.

When Maya returns home, she continues painting her room until it's finally finished.

She begins bawling, acknowledging the fact that she really messed up and hurt her best friend.

Lucas enters her bedroom and attracts her attention immediately.

"GET OUT!" She yells and he gives her a pained look.

"Maya I'm sorry but-"

"NO GET OUT. I TOLD YOU WE SHOULDN'T OF BUT NOOO. AND YOU JUST COULDN'T CONTROL YOURSELF COULD YOU?" She screams and he mentally shrivels and crawls back out the window.

She slams the window shut and locks it.

Maya pulls her hair back into a ponytail, and removes the pregnancy bump strap from her stomach.

She washes her face and stares into the mirror with disgust.

She felt like a terrible person, hurting Riley is the worse thing since she has the kindest heart.

Maya's mom just so happens to return home from work early.

"What's wrong baby girl?"

"Mommy, I messed up." She cries.

~~~

Riley sits beside her window and stares at the sunflower in her hands.

Farkle enters and sighs, "You okay?"

She nods, "Just feeling hurt and heartbroken." She explains and he understands.

"I know what they did was wrong, and I don't mean to defend them, but they didn't tell you because they wanted to protect you."

"I'm not pathetic you know? I don't need protecting. It would of been worse going to prom or whatever and dating a guy so much longer when he never liked me." She tells Farkle.

"They just wanted you to have the perfect prom with the perfect guy." He responds gently.

"Lucas is far from perfect, I know that, I've always known that. But I just ignored his flaws because there was much more greatness to him. I mean, I have lots of flaws too, and he still accepted me." She says, picking off the petals, one at a time.

"I would be happy for Maya, she deserves a good guy, but she lied to me... And I wish she knew our friendship was strong enough for me to handle her kissing Lucas." Riley admits, her heart is twisted in knots.

Farkle hugs her, "I hope you two get through this, together."

"Thanks Farkle." Riley says as she hugs him back.

~~~

Maya arrives at school early and Ms Woodstock smiles at the young blonde.

"Hart, I have a surprise for you!!!" She sings and Maya gives her a puzzled look until she see's the five year old peeking behind the teacher.

"No..." She begins but the teacher is nodding her head.

"She's going to spend Christmas break with you and Lucas."

"Me and Lucas? Haha... Yeah I'm going to divorce his sorry butt." Maya tells her.

"You can't, and your mother said it was okay with her if you took care of this child in your own apartment with Lucas."

"MY MOM DID WHAT!?" Maya shouts.

"Yeah. She agreed two weeks ago. I even have a signed contract." Ms. Woodcock tells her.

Defeated, Maya looks at the little girl with bright blue eyes and messy dirty blonde hair. (Picture of her up top)

"What's your name?" Maya asks, kneeling down next to her.

"Ella Rose." She answers, avoiding eye contact.

"Is she in the foster system or something..?" Maya asks her teacher.

"She's from an orphanage, she was found alone on the streets when she was an infant. Your mother thought you'd enjoy helping a child in need of help anyways."

Maya takes her hand gently, "I'm going to take care of you okay? I promise."

"Are you going to keep me?" She asks and Maya swallows hard, she couldn't answer that question.

Right then, Lucas along with some guys enter the classroom.

"Hey look it's a slut." One says from his group.

Maya looks away to hide the hurt in her eyes.

Ella scowls at the guys, she could only wonder why they'd call her such a name.

"Lucas, this is Ella. She's going to be your daughter in this class."

"No way." Lucas protests and Maya grabs the collar of his shirt, "listen to me Rick, that little girl doesn't have a good place to return home to, and if you don't help me take care of her, I'll never talk to you again and I'll make sure Riley doesn't either." She threatens.

Ella smiles a bit but continues to cling to Ms. Woodstock's leg.

"Okay. I'll do it." He gives in and Maya smiles at the little girl before getting rid of the pregnancy strap.

"ThAnk the lord." She breathes.

Ella stays with the teacher until school is over and then Maya and Lucas have to meet up in the classroom again.

Every couple (whose parents allow them to), gets their own apartment to stay in and something that involves with their obstacle.

Some get less money do to their "medical bills"

Some have casts or wheelchairs, some get no food, some people only have a mattress for their bed. It just depends on how well they did their assignment.

At lunch, Maya finds herself sitting with Sarah's group of friends.

Riley sits with those who sympathize her, and Farkle.

Lucas eats outside with Zay and some jerks.

"Are you and Riley still friends?" Sarah asks, intrigued.

Maya pokes at her food, "I wish."

"I heard that you and Lucas have to stay together in the same apartment with a child. Is that true?"

"One hundred percent."

"Do you think you'll ever talk to Riley again?"

"I hope."

People continue to ask her questions until the bell rings and they have to goto class.

Maya prays that the rest of the day will go smoothly.