Chapter Two

Sometimes when I close my eyes...

I can't see.

I'm back, hoes. Thanks for waiting and shizzz.

August (Bae👏🏽)

"So, I can't fix it now, but when you buy the cylinder head, I'm your man." I said to the short girl in front of me.

She stared at her car and sighed. "Anywhere I can buy that for cheap? Kinda low on money right now." She asked.

"Auto zone."

She nodded. "Well, thanks..." She leaned forward and stared at my name patch on my uniform. "...August."

I smiled and leaned on the counter. "No problem, baby."

She let out this distorted giggle before rushing out of the shop, brushing by Chris, who was entering.

"What the hell?" He muttered. "Did you show her your dick?!" He asked.

"Chris. Why the hell am I friends with you?"

"I used to think it was for my money, then I thought you were gay—"

"Stop talkin, please."

He laughed and sat on the hood of the car I was currently workin on. "So, that girl, Sage—"

"Spiryt." I corrected.

Chris rolled his eyes. "Whatever. Fuck her yet?"

I laughed. "Working on it."

"Well while you doing that, how bout we go to a club later tonight? Maybe even invite Chun li and Sina—"

"Spiryt."

He growled. "Man whatever. I'll call Grace."

Spiryt

"Baby, don't ignore me."

I pushed past him, forgetting the pizza I paid for and marched towards my car.

Before I could grab my keys, my upper arm was yanked backwards and I yelped when he pressed his face into my neck.

"I missed you, baby." He said.

"Chase, let me go." I whispered. I felt tears welling in my eyes and he let go, glaring at me.

"Why are you crying? Didn't you miss me? What we had—"

"And what you destroyed." I dug into my purse, looking for my keys, when it was snatched from my hands.

"Fucking listen to me!" He barked.

"Go fuck yourself."

He growled. Pacing and pulling his hair until he dropped my purse. He stopped and took a once over my body.

I was wearing a cotton tank top with baggy sweat pants.

"Still haven't lost the baby weight?" He asked.