Chapter Six

Man, I'm never trying suicide again, I almost killed myself last time.

Jkjkjkjk.

August

I glanced at my phone one more time before putting it back down.

"What? Got somewhere to be?" Fiona asked from beside me.

I had took her up on her offer to get coffee and we met up at Dunkin Donuts. I was actually looking out for a text from Spiryt.

"Actually, yeah. I gotta head out soon." I muttered.

She nodded and I slid out of the booth, walking to my car. When I got in, I buckled my seatbelt and started the car.

When I looked back at the windshield, my eyes grew wide when I saw Grace walking out of a store, pushing a cart.

I took off my seatbelt with haste, opening the door and jogged off towards her.

"Grace!" I shouted.

She turned and chuckled when she saw me running over to her. "Hey Angus." She said.

"August."

"Ok, January, what's up?"

I rolled my eyes at her snarky comment and scratched my eyebrow. "You hear from Spiryt? She hasn't text me back."

Grace's face was a flurry of emotion as she glanced down at the ground. "She's ok... She's been in an... accident. Right now, she doesn't need the stress."

I nodded, not understanding why I couldn't get a straightforward answer.

"Ok then... Have her call me then."

I walked back to my car to see a white guy staring at it. "Can I help you, bruh?"

He looked up and smiled. "No, I was just looking. Nice car you have."

"Yeah... paid a lot for her."

His green eyes flicked back to the car then back to my face. "Oh, I'm Chase. Nice to meet you." He stuck a hand out and I brushed him off.

I ont know where this nigga came from.

"Well, I needa go. Go on and bounce." I got in the car and he backed away from the car with a scowl.

I ignored him and watched Grace get into her car.

The second she pulled off, I was right behind her.

Spiryt

"Mommy? Where are you?"

I rolled off of the couch and yelped when my foot landed on a lego piece. Kicking it away, I stood and breathed out, "I'm a survivor."

I chuckled at my cheesy joke and went off to find the sound.

"Mommy! Hurry please!"

I followed the voice and saw the door at the end of the hall cracked open, so I pushed it.

The room was a mess of toys and shoes were strewn about.

I took a moment to gaze around the room and saw a small lightning McQueen race car bed pushed into the corner, and the name 'Khalil' was spelt out in blue block letters above the bed.

"Mommy! Look!" I heard a voice call.

I looked down and sure enough, there was a little boy dressed in a yellow shirt and faded khaki shorts, smiling up at me eagerly and tugging onto my hand.