Chapter Ten

Oh I get it. They painting me out to be the bad guy.

Well they're right.

Chase in the mm

Chase POV

"Please Nadia. Don't do this to me." I was using all of my body weight to keep her from closing the door on my face again.

"What don't you understand about 'no' ! Leave us alone Chase!" She screamed back.

"They're my kids too! Nadia please!" I growled.

The door swung open and I fell onto my shoulder and cursed in pain when I felt it crush. I looked up at my ex wife and grinned. Raising to my knees, I realized she looked absolutely terrible. Her shiny onyx was riddled with gray streaks, her porcelain skin was stretched with wrinkles, probably from stress and she was as thin as a twig.

"That little boy, Khalil, he was your kid too. That didn't stop you from hurting him and destroying his mother. I think about them everyday. You will never get near my children again. Leave before I call the police. You're violating a restraining order." She slammed the door in my face and I leaned my forehead on the door.

From behind the door, I heard her shout, "I called the police! You have thirty seconds before I get my shotgun!"

Rolling my eyes, I got to my feet and jogged to my car. I smashed my fist into the side of my head a few times before I started the car and sped out of the trashy neighborhood Nadia was forced to move into when she lost the house.

As I got to the nearest stoplight, I fished the picture of my kids out of my pocket that Nadia sent me a few weeks before I got out.

My oldest, Sophia, along with our second oldest, Ethan, and the youngest, who I could only presume was Liam, who was only about three months old when I got locked up, they were all laying on the grass, looking extremely happy without me.

On the back of the picture, Nadia had written a note. 'Heard you were getting out soon. Here's a picture of the kids because that's the only way you're ever seeing them again. P.S If it was up to me, you'd still be rotting in prison by time the all of them were in college.'

Every time I read that note, I wanted to ball it up. But I couldn't or I'd ruin the only picture I had of my children.

In my other pocket, I had a picture of Khalil, that I had taken from Spiryt's house the other day. I had no words to explain how beautiful he was. Everyday I regret what I did, considering that it didn't even keep my children in my life.

It's not that they even want me. They never called me when I was locked up and ignored all my letters.

I'm sure Khalil would have wanted me.

I snapped out of my thoughts with the sound of someone honking their horn after me. The light was green.

I sped through the intersection and smiled.