Chapter Eight; part one

I choke a dope with his own jump rope;📿
You get smoked when I flow🌊
You Kentucky fried joke🍗

Thanks for waiting, lovelies.❤️

Spiryt

Waking up this morning wasn't as hard as every other morning. I felt... lighter and supported.

Also when I woke up, I was being suffocated with the strong smell of pine and axe.

I breathed in August's scent for a few more minutes before I slither d out of his arms to make my way to the bathroom. I peed, brushed my teeth and tied my hair into a loose knot.

"Spir...?"

I peeked my head out the door to see August laid on his back, arm over his eyes, mumbling my name.

"Yeah, I'm here." I answered back.

He moved his arm and smiled over at me. "Feelin' better, babes?"

I nodded. "Could you drive me home please?"

He glanced over at the small digital clock and nodded. "I got time." He muttered, sliding out if bed, and walking past me i to the bathroom, closing the door.

As I approached my shoes, that laid in the corner by the door, my phone rung. After searching for it, and finding it before the last ring, I answered it and mumbled a 'Hello?' to the unknown number.

"Hello, is this Spiryt Elric?" A deep voice sounded through the receiver.

I sat on the bed and answered. "Yes, who is this?"

"My name is David Jones, from the human resources department. I hear you were recently released from the hospital. Yesterday, was it?"

"Yes. May I ask how that is important?"

"Well, I just wanted to call and make sure you are in a condition to have visitors at your home, for job evaluation, due to your recent unemployment."

"Oh, alright. When should I expect you?" I asked, tugging my shoes onto my feet.

"Is three o'clock ok?"

"Uhm, yes, that's fine. I'll see you then."

I hung up the phone and sighed deeply. So much of my life has changed in such little time and it's stressing me out way over my head.

"Who was that?"

I turned my head to see August standing in front of his mirror, pulling his hair up into a ponytail.

"Human Resources office. They want to meet with me at 3. I have to do something first, though."

With no further questions, August nodded and grabbed his keys, gesturing for me to follow him.

****

As August pulled up to the main building of my apartment complex, I adjusted my shirt while he found a space to park in.

"Want me to come in with you?"

Hesitantly, I nodded. I had hoped that I would be able to do this without rocking my nerves, but right about now, they could give the baby from the nursery rhyme 'rock a bye baby' a run for his money.

Hopefully, if I freeze August would be able to pick up where I'm going and help me.

I know I'm instilling so much faith in this man that I barely know, but right about now, I felt like if I detached myself from him, I'd probably have a mental breakdown.

🖤🐼🖤🐼🖤🐼🖤🐼🖤🐼🖤🐼🖤

Ok, I know this was short, but I tried to do as much as I could without straining my hand too much, I wanted to put this out because I believe you've all waited so long.

I'll try again tomorrow.