VII. Max

~

Why is THE Isaiah Jones talking to ME, of all people? He came up to me a minute ago asking if I wanted a cigarette trying to look cool. Why would I want a cigarette? With all the medication I'm taking it'll kill me. I told him that smoking would kill him, he said that's what he's aiming for. I wonder what he meant by that. Does he want to die?

I doubt that, Isaiah is the bad boy in this school and I don't know why he is talking to me.
"I dont feel pity for you, I just came over here to see if you wanted something to help you escape for awhile." He says.

He's sitting next to me smoking his cig slowly, still trying to look cool. Its working though, with his hoodie on even though its like 90 degrees here in Florida. I bet he came over here because someone dared him to or something.

"Well I thank you for your concern but I don't need an escape from anything." I say, trying to make him go away. I already have an escape, photography. He gets up off the bench, still smoking, and puts his free hand in his pocket.

"Well if you ever need anything you can always find me out here, I'll see you around." He says then walks away. I watch him go and give him a disgusted look while his back is turned. I don't need anything from him and never will. The bell rings so I grab my bag and start walking inside, until I hear his voice again.

"I almost forgot to tell you, you have food in your hair." I immediately put my hand on my head and feel crumbs in it. I start to comb my hair with my fingers, feeling embarrassed. I look up at him to ensure that it's all gone. All he does is give me a million dollar smile. A smile he probably gives to lure girls in. Asshole.

I roll my eyes and walk into a bathroom to see if it's OK. I look into the mirror and pick out little crumbs. The reason I have food in my hair in the first place is because everyone in lunch thought it would be funny to just throw stuff at me. Jeff tried to help me but I wouldn't let him so I just ran out.

It's never going to stop, the bullying, the harassment, it's an everlasting revolution.

~

After school I'm sitting on the hood of my car waiting for my sister to get here so we can go home. Its sunny out and I get this sense of peace that I always get when I'm out in the sun.

Its like the sun is shining right at me and I feel like its here for me and not just to heat up the earth. I can't explain it but it's peaceful. I look around the parking lot and see Isaiah. All day I've been trying to figure out why he wanted to talk to me and I concluded that it was for a dare. But I don't care, I hate people like him and I plan on not talking to him ever again.

Anyway, he's leaning on his car smoking a cigarette. A second later some girl gets out his car and comes over to him. Its Lindsay Martinez, the Latina bad girl. She takes the cigarette from his lips and kisses him softly. Then they start to full on make out, in the school parking lot where everyone is trying to leave.

I look away, and shield my eyes from the horror. He's a pig, the rumors are true. A minute later my sister comes out, Isaiah and Lindsay are still at it by the time she gets to the car.

"What took you so long?" I ask frustrated.
"I was finishing a test." She said. I get off the hood, and unlock the door. Sam gets in and closes the door. I do the same.
"A test on the forth day of school?" I ask, because that's kinda unusual.
"It was a summer reading test for honers lit, who are those people kissing over there?" She asks.