Chapter One

Broken Hearted –

-Josiah-

The gun shot that silenced everyone. The sound of a body hitting the floor hard was heard.

I watched in shock as everyone stopped fighting, looking around for the unfortunate gun crime victim.

At that very same moment, I felt like something was leaving my system. Something close to my heart had just left. I brushed the feeling away and looked at the crowd of blacked out people running of in their desired destination. I looked at their wrists in search of the legendary bright yellow G-Shock. The only thing that would deny my instinct and let me know he was safe. The thing that would let me know that my brother had fled from the crime scene without informing me.  No matter how hard I tried to brush that feeling out of my mind it didn’t work.

I decided to follow my instinct and call out for my brother.

“JEREMIH!”  I shouted out in the distance.

 I heard a cough and looked down. My eyes were instantly drawn to the yellow G-shock. I dropped down onto my knees and screamed out.

“Jerry come on don’t do this! Stop joking around!” I shouted. “Get up, don’t do this to me.”

I could feel my throat drying.

I looked around. How could no one hear my cries for help?

“HELP! SOMEONE ANYONE!” I shouted.

“Stop...sssh!” I heard him say before coughing up blood.

“Do you want to die? And leave behind me, mum, dad. Sian! Your daughter!” I asked as tears dropped down my face.

“I....I’m...it’s my time to go man!  Look after Sian for me; I can’t trust Rowena to do it for me.”  Jeremih said. I watched as he closed his eyes and his lips moved slightly. He opened his eyes once more. “Amen...” He mumbled.

“Jer-”

“Ssh, hopefully God forgives me for my sins.” He said slowly, taking deep breaths.

“Sto-”

“Shut up and listen. Promise me one thing Jo! Promise me!” Jeremih said.

“Anything what is it?” I rushed out.

“Get out of the gang life. Make mum and dad proud of you. I’ve failed them. Promise me you won’t blame yourself for this. No one knows when it’s there time to go. Do you know what I want you to do now? Take your phone out, call 999 and leave me here.” Jeremih said as his eyes slowly closed.

“Why are you talking like this?”

“My time to go. I love you Josiah.” He murmured.

“I love you to Jeremih.” I said.

 I watched as he winked.

“Don’t cry. Don’t mourn. Live your life” He then took his last breath. No tears dropped. I found myself smile.

He lived a good life.

I pulled out his phone from his pocket and decided to broadcast a message to all of his close friends.

‘Gone with the angels; chilling with the bossman himself: Jesus. R.I.P Slums/Jeremih’

I done the same with my phone and changed my Facebook status.

I sat down on the floor in silence, thinking out my next move.

What were my mum and dad going to say?

I opened up his pocket and took out any valuables he would have wanted me to have-including his legendary bright yellow G-Shock.

I dialled 999 before walking off; I made my way to Rowena’s to collect Sian.

I had just lost the one and only person I could actually say I trusted.

My twin brother.

Return if possible...

*

-Kaila-

I sat in the living room with a bag of boys around me. All of Kenan’s friends.

They were all playing Fifa 12. I grabbed the remote and changed it from AV2 to AV1.

“AY! What are you doing?!”

“You fool.”

“CHANGE IT BACK!”

“Kenan tell your chick!”

A few of the abuse they were throwing to me.

“That’s not nice guys!” I said smiling in their faces.

I got pushed onto the floor.

“What was that for?”

I typed in 101 and sat down in front of the TV watching the news.

“A 20 year old was found dead in a park in Tottenham yesterday. Jeremih Young was rushed to hospital but was found dead on arrival.” They showed a picture. “An investigation is being set out to find out what the cause of the young man’s death was. Detectives believe it’s due to a gang ri-” The TV was turned off.

I looked up to see Kenan.

“Turn that shit off.” He said tutting.

“HEY! I was watching that. Poor guy. He was so cute too. Don’t you think?” They all looked at me in silence. “Do you think it was something to do with gang rivalry?” I asked.

“Shut up K.” Kenan said.

“No, don’t tell me what to do. Who’d you think done it?”

“Just leave it man.” Kenan said before pulling me upstairs.