Chapter Six

Chapter 6.

Josiah P.O.V

I was in my room, finishing of my canvas work when my dad walked in with Sian.

“Josiah, do me a favour. A BIG favour.” He said

“What?” I said or I outlined the picture in black acrylics.

“Look after Sian for me.” He said.

“What why?” I asked.

“Because I’ve got an interview and I’m already late.” I looked at his attire. Nice suit with the tie I created. It was basically a plain black tie- well used to be. Until I and Jeremih decided to have a paint fight and well long story short we splattered paint all over the tie and it stained.

Looked sick though.

“I’m busy though. Where’s mum?” I asked

“Your mums gone out.” He said.

“How am I going to finish my work, if she’s here?” I whined.

“I don’t know take her to the park. Tire her out or something” He let go of her hands before leaving.

“I ...Daddy Park.” She screeched.

“I’m not your dad man!” I murmured

She turned her head to the side before crying.

“No Si si! I’m sorry, stop crying!” I hugged her and she calmed down.

“Get your boots” She ran out I stood up and checked myself over in the mirror.

I played with the silver bar in my eyebrow and my lip piercing, the only way people were able to tell me and my late twin apart.

I replaced them with a jet black hoop and a black bar in my eyebrow. I combed my hair before pulling my adidas hoodie and crep on.

By the time I was finished, Sian was back wearing her little cardigan and ugg boots.

“Looking nice.” I looked at her hair. It was a mess.

“Do it for me daddy...” She said realising what I was looking at. I grabbed the comb and done my best.

I put cream in it and tried to part it. Why could I do my hair but not hers?

I combed it back and just tied it into to two different bunches.

*

“Ready or not here I come.”  I said in a monotone voice as I chased after Sian.

‘Who plays hide and seek in the middle of the road?’ I thought to myself.

I turned the corner to see a group of girls looking down and grinning. Sian.

I tapped one of them and she turned around with all of her friends.

I found my eyes examining them. The weave- Yuck. Faces –Yucky. Their clothes- Decent.

“Yeah have you seen a little girl?” I asked.

“Your daughter?” The one I tapped asked.

“Hmm...Something like that.” I muttered.

Sian popped back out with a grin on her face.

“Cone on lets go.” I put my hand out and she took. I nodded at the girls and walked off with her.

We carried on walking, until we turned a corner. I looked straight, to see a college. Southgate.

“Let’s just check this out okay?” She shrugged and we entered. I knocked on the window and heard a voice.

“Hello, how can I help you?”  They asked.

“I’m new to the area and I need a school that I can enrol in.” I stated.

“Your age?” I asked.

“Just turned 20.”

“Oh okay, I’m going to open the door and if you can come in and get an application.

I heard a beep before the door opened.

“Just go to the door on the left and walk up the stairs, the first door on the right. Ask for application alright?” I nodded and made my way.

*

I strolled down the stairs when I saw that girl from before. The one I saw at Kenan’s house weeks before.  I grabbed Sian’s hand and walked up to her making sure I bumped into her.

“Oh sorry about that.” She rushed out.

“It’s cool babe. It’s my fault.” I said.

“Aww she is so cute. Your daughter?” She asked smiling up at me. She had some nice eyes.

“Something like that.” I murmured.

“Oh, hi there lovey, I’m Kaila. Whats your name?” Kaila said.

“Sian.” Sian said looking shy.

“I’m Josiah, by the way.” I said as I put my hand in my pocket and swung back.

She looked up at me before turning back to Sian.

“Well aint you pretty? So pretty. Model potential. You should get her into child modelling.” She said indirecting the last part to me.

“Nah, she’s too young for that. So how old are you?” I ask.

Best believe this idiot, ignores me and turns to Sian.

“Oooh your hair. Aint you a beauty?” She looked at me and then Sian properly. “Uhm, how did you...let me rephrase that how the hell did you let your daughter walk out the house like that? Her hair looks F...uhm.” I could feel my anger rising. I had a short temper you see, and small comment made could make me switch.  I actually tried hard with her hair, took me ages to get it looking like that. I thought it looked decent.

“I beg you shut up.” I kissed my teeth and screwed her.

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it like that. My mouth plea-” I grabbed Sian’s hand before walking off pissed off.

“Ready to go park?” She started jumping up and down screaming. We made our way to the park, making small talk. But my mind was elsewhere.

Kaila.