Chapter Three ©

Broken Hearted –Three

Josiah’s P.O.V

I walked out of the tattoo shop with my new tattoo. A sleeve. I checked the time on my Rolex.

I had 2 hours before I had to get ready to leave.

I wanted to see one more person, before we left. 

Turning around, I clocked a short cut. I decided to take it knowing I would see the mandem.

I came to the end of the short cut, and I was right. I saw the mandem and walked up to them.

“GLOCK!” I heard them shout.  I saluted them.

“Wagwarn.” I spudded the ones I actually liked.

“You leaving yet?” Joel my best friend/cousin asked.

“Soon soon.” I said slowly.

“You want some?”  Someone asked passing me a zoot.

“Nah, nah.”

“Where you off to now?” Joel asked.

“Jeremih...” I murmured

“Oh...erm.” There was an awkward silence.

“Anyways I’m gone.” I spudded them before turning to Joel. “You’re the only one I can trust out of all these pricks so I beg you look after Rowena and the grave...I’ll send you P, every month to do that.” I said before giving him a quick hug and walking off.

I got to the main road to see a group of younger’s gathered around.

I could smell weed.

I strolled up to them.

“Ay hide the weed, Glock is coming.” I heard. I tapped one of them on his shoulder and he turned around looking scared.

“You cool young gun?” I said with a smirk. He just nodded really fast.

“Where’s the food?” I asked.

“We aint got none.”

“Open your mouth.” They done so straight. I laughed. Was I that intimidating?

“Pass the food quick time.” They emptied out there bags and I filled mine up.

“This shit aint good for you. Don’t let me catch you with it again.” I tapped one of them. I looked around to see one guy on a bike. I thought about it, if I was to walk it would take me 20 minutes and I didn’t have my oyster. I bopped up to him and tapped his back.

“Ayo G, wagwarn?” I asked.

“Oh Glock, nothing much fam” He said, I smirked. Who was his fam?

“Yeah, anyways you see that bike.” I said.

“Yeah?”

“I think it belongs to me.” I kicked his leg and he dropped off. I jumped on before smiling. “None of you saw shit. This is borrowing, okay? Comprende.” I rode off.

*

I dropped the bike and sat down crossed legged.

“Wagwarn G.” I said as I sat in front of his grave. “Today’s the day. Were moving not far, but far enough. All the way to south. I know if you were here today you would change their mind. Your death has hit us all, very HARD! Mums forever crying, it hurts but I can’t do anything about it. Do you know what hurts the most? Sian has started calling me daddy. You’re her dad. But I don’t know what to say. I don’t even know what to do with my life any more. I know you’re probably disappointed in me. Forget that you’re probably turning in your grave right now. I just can’t stop this gang scene man. But I’ll try.”  I looked at the time on my watch. “I have to go. But I will keep my promises.” I kissed my middle and index finger and put it on the grave before jumping back on the bike and riding off.

*

I jumped back off the bike and opened my house door. I parked the bike in the corridor. Silence. That was all I heard. There was always noise in my house. Odd. There were boxes everywhere

I stepped into the kitchen to see my mum feeding Sian.

“Si Si” I said as I pulled her cheeks. She started clapping.

“Daddy!” She screeched. I turned to my mum who just shook her head.

“She thinks your Jeremih. The resemblance is confusing her. Poor baby.” She said before feeding her.

“Where’s dad?” I asked eating some of her food.

“Oi stop that and packing the things into the van.” I nodded

“Go take a shower. Were leaving soon”

I rushed upstairs and stepped outside Jeremih’s room. I opened the door. His smell was still there. I walked in and sat on the bed as it swayed. We both wanted a water bed. But with my parents low income we could only afford one. Which meant only one of us could have it. That one being Jeremih. I stopped talking to him for months after that.

I went to his wardrobe.

“Jeremih, come out now! I’m going through your stuff. Bang me up!” I shouted out.

Nothing. Nothing happened.

I grabbed his clothes and threw them everywhere. Why? Why him?

I stood up and decided to shower.

After I was done, I admired my body.

Nice shape up, curls on the top of my head. Nice chiselled body. My dark eyes that sometimes looked black other times looked navy. To be honest, I was hot. From head to toe.

From my golden brown flawless skin, curled hair and to the new addition, my sleeve tattoo.

I and Jeremih had been working on it for the past 2 months. Since he died, I decided to finish it off.

There were various patterns and many quotes.

‘No pain, no gain’ ‘Love Long’ ‘Live Life’ as well as our date of birth.

But right in the middle was a picture of Jeremih that said: Jeremih ‘Slumz’ Young- R.I.P 9/6/11.

I kissed my finger and tapped it before walking out.

I walked into Jeremih’s after getting dressed to see it had been cleaned and my mum sat there crying.

“Why did you do this?” She asked. I simply shrugged.

“I miss him to you know.” I nodded.

“Well I packed his clothes into that suitcase. I know you would want them.” I nodded and waited for her to leave.

“I know you’re hurting, we all are. Talk to us.”

“Argh shut up mum, you don’t know jack!”

“I do.”

I ignored her and walked into my room picking up all my art stuff, not forgetting my easels and canvas.

I walked down the stairs to see my mum holding Sian. I took her out of her hands and kissed her cheek.

“Jojo what is this?” My mum said pointing to the bike.

“I thought I should get an early Christmas present.” I said shrugging.

“Present? Bike? She’s 4.”  I shrugged and she brought it into the car.

I strapped Sian in before sitting beside her.

“New life. You ready?