★The Devil's Face

The Devil's Face:

I lay beneath him on that floor frozen like a statue, staring up with wide eyes. I was barely breathing. Fear constricted my lungs. Was he going to kill me? He took both my hands and placed them above my head pinning them to the floor. I opened my mouth to try and scream, but he quickly covered my lips. He ran a gloved finger down the side of my neck. It was... sensual- if that's a proper term to use for a serial killer's actions. I shivered feeling his touch not just there, but all over my body.

If I wasn't so scared shirtless- I mean shitless- I would have laughed. “Death Trap” thought I was hot! In the media there were pictures of him. I realized he was a whole lot bigger and scarier in person. He was hard- not that kind of hard. Hard as in big muscles. Clearly he worked out. I guess killing required exercise- I wouldn't know. His hands moved from my neck, gliding smoothly down my shoulders.

The killer moved his masked face closer to mine. I thought he was going to kiss me, instead he did something I would have never expected in a million years...

...He removed his mask!!!

Before he removed his mask my life was quite simple. I went to work and wrote articles for the local newspaper. I had the occasional one night stands, partied, sometimes. That was my life. Take note of the 'was' in that sentence. I walked through the office of Dove City Times with two lattes in hand. Large Gucci sunglasses adorned my face, a gift my sister sent through the mail. Guess she felt bad about our strained relationship because she sent me loads and loads of other expensive things every month. Can't say she never thought about me.

"You know it's bad for your eyes to wear sunglasses inside." I froze and spun around to see Percy smirking at me, wearing a sharp suit. I reluctantly removed my sunglasses and his smile instantly diminished. Before I knew it he was dragging me into his office. "What the hell happened to you, Simmons? You look like shit."

Last night I stared the devil in the eyes. I was scared so shitless I couldn't even sleep, been up for hours. His eyes and his face haunted me all through the night until the early hours of the morning. Guess what? The son of a bitch was attractive, sinfully attractive. He even smelled good, like aftershave and men's body wash. His eyes are what got to me the most. They were such a vibrant and peculiar shade of grey they almost appeared transparent from the trick of the light- like diamonds. His hair was dark and thick, shaved at the side, but longer on the top. The merciless-brutal killer allowed me to live and I knew there was something he wanted from me. After he left I dashed for my phone, but drew up short. What was I going to tell the police? D.T. broke into my apartment and sexually harassed me?

"Mona, what's happened? You're not yourself." Should I tell him? Better yet, should I tell the police? I mean I knew what "Death Trap" looked like. He made sure I took in every line and every plane of his perfect face. He was clean shaven too. If I didn't tell the police somehow I would be responsible for the deaths of any future victims from this point forward. Percy's loud sigh is what brought me out of my reverie.

"You know there was a survivor of the latest massacre. She's ready to tell her story and wants none other than us to print it. She specifically asked to talk to you and no one else, not even the channel 7 news." Under other circumstances I would have been thrilled, but since I met the perpetrator my feelings were mixed...