★Ghost~ Pt. 2

A/N: if you're still reading this I want to thank all of you for the votes and comments. There’s at least a couple of parts left before I end it, so thank you again for supporting my story with your votes and comments.
    –Melanin Flare 😘
***********************

Do you want to know what our unit nicknamed Jerry, he asked me.

No, not really-

The Surgeon”. You see Mona, in our unit Jericho was responsible for questioning persons of interest. He laughed and the sound was so chilling and soul shattering I knew I was dealing with a psychotic man. Psychotic was probably putting it mildly. His method of questioning was with knives and needles. He would have these persons of interest spilling their guts and hollering for Jesus Christ to come save them.

I closed my eyes trying to get Trenton's manic stare out of my mind. The funny thing is, when I first met Jericho his eyes haunted me for days. I realized it wasn't because I was afraid of him, but because I was intensely attracted to him. Meeting Trenton James was the most nerve-wrecking and scariest experience of my life. Any trace of the man he once was– who Carla would speak so fondly of was just gone.  At least Jericho could still function in society. Trenton on the other hand was long pass normalcy. He should be locked up somewhere far away from any society.

Now there were many physical differences between Trenton and Jericho than what I saw in pictures. While Jericho was lean and ripped, Trenton was bigger and more thickly muscled. His dark hair reached just beneath his chin and there was a scar that ran from his eyebrow that stopped at his eyelid, then continued on underneath the eye. There was stubble that lined his squared jaw, chin, and beneath his cheek bone. Similar to Jericho, Trenton was sinfully good looking.

I tried to get much sleep as possible. I closed my eyes and rubbed my stomach. I know my babies couldn't hear me yet, but still I began to talk to them. I talked myself to sleep. And when I woke up there was a open can of sliced pinapples, vienna sausages, and a bottle of water. After seeing the detective get shot in the head I lost my appetite, but I forced myself to eat for the twins.

I didn't doubt he knew I craved pineapples. According to the pictures on the wall he's been watching Jericho and I. He was clearly sending a message. I gazed up and saw him leaning against the wall, arms folded. Those icy grey eyes were cool and calculating. Nothing escaped his notice. I reached for the pineapples, ignoring the fact my stomach began to turn.

“You know he’s gonna find me,” I whispered.

Trent gave a menacing smirk, eyes grew bright for a moment with sickening excitement. “I hope so.” He pulled something out of his pocket. It looked familiar. I narrowed my eyes... Oh God! Trent had a sonogram of my babies. “How much will he break if I take away three of the things that matter to him the most?” he said, staring at the sonogram.

“No,” I whispered as tears ran down my cheeks. He pulled out a disposable phone and quickly dialed a number.

“Hey, you know who this is. It’s been a long time, Jerry. Hold on there's sombody who wants to say hi...” he puts the phone to my ear. “Say hi to Jerry, Mona.”

“Jericho,” I sobbed.

“Mona, listen-

Trent snatched the phone away. “Come find us, baby bro,” Trent said and hung up.

“Why are you doing this?” I sobbed.

Before leaving the room he says, “I want him to suffer just like me. And when I kill you in front of him, only then will he know my pain.”