★Friends & Colleagues

I woke up smelling like Jericho, wearing one of his black t-shirts. Inhaling his scent, I smile and get out of bed. I stalked into the bathroom and froze. Jericho was on the floor shirtless wearing just a pair of camouflage pants. Military dog tags were around his neck, dangling back and forth as he scrubbed the floor with an old toothbrush. "Jericho, what are you doing?"

"What does it look like, Trent?!" he snapped and continued scrubbing the floor.

Trent?

"Jericho, look at me!" I demanded. His eyes held that look, empty and soulless. I gasp. He tilts his head to the side and blinks several times as if he was snapping out of something. Then he smiles, placing the toothbrush down.

"Good morning. Are you hungry?" He rises to his feet and stalks up kissing my forehead.

"Who is Trent?" I asked looking up into his crystal-grey eyes.

"What?"

"You heard me. Who is Trent?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Come, I'll make you breakfast." He stalked pass me out of the bathroom leaving behind the cleaning solutions on the floor. I followed him into the kitchen and watched as he began to prepare breakfast. I sat at the breakfast nook. This is the life I chose marrying someone who is clearly mentally unstable. Was having a kid a smart idea? I know Jericho would never hurt me and from what I could tell he was extremely excited about the new edition to our family. He shared with me that the Special Forces had made him this way. Being the curious journalist that I am, I pry. Maybe it will give me clues as to what just took place in the bathroom with him scrubbing the floors with a toothbrush.

"So you were in the Special Forces?"

"I don't want to talk about it. Besides I can't talk about it."

"Fine," I mumble. "But tell me who Trent is."

"Someone who is very important to me. Hope you're satisfied because that's all you're getting from me." I stalk up to him and wrap my arms around his waist and press a cheek against his back.

"I love you, Jericho." Maybe one of these days he'll open up to me.

***
Tonight was the night of the social gathering at New World Inc. I walked arm in arm with Jericho as we approached the building. The dress he brought me was a red- eye grabbing-sweetheart neckline that tied around the neck. There was a very high split on the side that revealed a lot of my right thigh. And the shoes- oh my God the shoes. They were Christian Louboutin pointed toe stiletto heels in the color of nude. Pearls were at my neck, ears, and risk. Jericho wore a double breasted suit with a crisp white lenin Italian shirt and a red tie that matched my dress. He looked so good.

We walked into the building and security treated Jericho like he was some kind of celebrity. He joked and laughed with them, knew every single one of them by name too. Jericho and I stalked into a huge room with windows as walls and black marble floors. Tables with loads of food and champagne stood off to the side. Shit, I couldn't even drink.

"There he is," an older man with salt and pepper hair shouted, wearing a black suit. He stalked over to us with a huge smile on his face. "Partner." The man outstretched his hand and Jericho took it.

"Mona, this is old man Jack. Jack this is my wife."

"Old Man? Watch it, I'm still your boss," he teased.

"It's nice to meet you, sir." I outstretched my hand which he took and kissed.

"The pleasure is all mine, beautiful lady." Jack gazes at me from head to toe. "You always did have great taste in women, Jerry." I cock a brow.