Chapter 12.

Over the course of the next week little changed between the butler and his master. It actually became a routine for Sebastian to kiss the Earl before he slept, and Ciel suffered no more nightmares. Neither of them could make much sense of it, but then, neither of them really cared.

The day finally arrived when Lady Elizabeth would be staying for the weekend. Ciel had caught up on his sleep but the prospect of an entire weekend with his fiancée, especially when they hadn't seen one another in a while, was somewhat tiring even just thinking about it. Although he had something else on his mind. He knew telling Elizabeth that he had been kissing his butler was out of the question. But Sebastian had seemed somewhat... Off, in a word, since he woke the Earl up that morning. His master's betrothed wouldn't be arriving until four o'clock, but he still wasn't happy about it. All week he had been able to keep Ciel to himself, and having to share the human he loved with anyone else angered him. He cleaned the manor from top to bottom in an hour or so, being sure to polish everything until it shone and remove every last speck of dust.

Jealousy... This must be how it feels. Strange. I wonder what the Young Master makes of all this?

*****

Ciel sat in his study at two o'clock, waiting for his afternoon tea. He had completed all of his work in the morning to make sure he wouldn't be disturbed by Elizabeth. As Sebastian entered the room the look on his face caught the Earl's eye.

"Sebastian, is something the matter? You've seemed like something has been bothering you since this morning."

He said, and the butler sighed.

"In truth, My Lord, I'm not overly pleased about Lady Elizabeth coming over for the weekend."

He replied quietly, trying to make it sound like a trivial issue. Unfortunately his master saw right through that, and he smirked knowingly.

"You're jealous."

The words dropped from his lips with a smug undertone that Sebastian didn't really like. He didn't reply as he poured the tea, but he knew it was true.

"Hm. So, then... You want me all to yourself, don't you? Demons don't like sharing."

Ciel continued to taunt him, trying to rile his butler up a little. With a cold, steely look in his eye Sebastian stepped back from placing the cup on the desk. The boy picked up his tea, took a sip, then placed it back on the desk. He motioned for the demon to come over without saying anything. In silence he walked over to where his master stood by the window. Ciel reached up and grabbed Sebastian's tie, pulling him down to his ear.

"Well... I must admit I like it when you're jealous, Sebastian."

Despite it only having been just over a week since they first kissed, Ciel had grown much more confident. He still blushed the colour of beetroot every time he and his butler were alone but he paid it no mind.
The demon's eyes reverted to their hellish, glowing pink and his pupils narrowed to slits, rather annoyed at his master for teasing him like this. Ciel waited for a few moments just to drag it out for the butler, before leaning up on his tiptoes and pressing his lips to Sebastian's. It was the first time the Earl had made the first move and Sebastian liked it.
Wrapping his arms around the boy Sebastian bent down and picked him up. With a muffled exclamation of surprise Ciel opened his eyes briefly, before closing them again as the butler kissed him back passionately. He held the flustered Earl gently and with care, savouring the taste of the kiss. With his small arms wrapped around the demon's neck Ciel shuddered at the feeling of that soft hand on his back and one arm beneath his thighs, holding him a good few feet off of the ground.

They remained like that for a minute or two, before the sensation of his master's soft skin tempted Sebastian to try and take things further. Deepening the kiss caused Ciel to once again run his fingers through his butler's hair.
Sebastian's tongue grazed across the Earl's lips, teasing him to see what his reaction would be.
Unexpectedly Ciel let out a soft, barely discernible moan, seemingly not quite in control of himself. Sebastian asked cautiously for entry, but was firmly denied by the Earl. Deciding to leave it for now the butler merely rubbed his master's back gently with his thumb as they kissed, remaining locked in an intimate embrace until Ciel needed to breathe. Breaking the contact he pulled back by just a fraction of an inch, slowly opening his cerulean orb to look his butler in the eye. Sebastian met his gaze with a soft smirk, looking rather smug when he saw the shade of red his master's face had turned from his little tease.

"We had best prepare for Lady Elizabeth's arrival, Young Master... She will be here in less than two hours."

He murmured, gently lowering the boy to the floor. The butler straighted his tie and quickly fixed his hair, soon looking like nothing had happened.

"Sebastian... Just make sure my manor is left in the state it's supposed to be in when she leaves. If this place ends up pink and covered with bows again I swear I'll ban her from coming."

"Yes, My Lord."