Chapter 1

I flutter open my eyes and groaned as I eyed up the clock beside my bed.

9:24am

I pulled the covers off me and crawled out of the warm pit of my bed. I made my way out of my room, still half asleep, and into the kitchen, where Jack was cooking what looked like boiled eggs, wearing a baggy grey top and a pair of blue pyjama bottoms.

He looked over at me and smiled. "Top of the mornin' to ya!" He laughed, stretching his Irish accent.

"Shut up." I moaned, reaching for a mug out of the cupboard and clicking on the kettle.

"Wow, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning!" Jack said, poking the eggs submerged in boiling water.

"Yeah, well you know I'm more of a night time person." I slurred, pouring in a teaspoon of coffee into my mug as four pieces of toast popped out the toaster. Jack ran over, buttered them, and cut them into little strips.

By then, the kettle had finished boiling and I poured the steaming water into my mug, mixing with my ground coffee beans. I stir for a moment before adding in four teaspoons of sugar. That was one other thing me and Jack shared beside our general accents and appearances, we also had a serious sweet tooth.

I took a sip of my black coffee, I noticed Jack, as he pulled out two plates and placed the same amount of soldiers on each before returning to his eggs.

"So, what you got planned for today?" I asked.

"Packing for Pax." Jack said as he uncovered two egg cups from a shelf and placed one on each plate. He had a convention in a few days and had to leave for America, so he could do it with this other guy he knew called Mark. I didn't know much about him, just that he was another big youtuber and Jack's best friend.

I took another sip as Jack pops an egg into each egg cup and one on the side. "Remember, you gotta pack too."

I sighed. "Yeah, I know." I wasn't really into these social events, I preferred to just stay indoors and on my computer. Jack carried the plates into the living room and we sat down on the sofa.

"Thanks for the breakfast Jack."

Jack was only a nickname everyone gave him, due to his YouTube channel, but also since it was a pretty common name to give someone called Sean. He looked at me and smiled, his mouth stuffed with food.

"No problem Anti!"

I had to admit, I had a pretty cool name too.

***

After breakfast, Jack took the plates out and when he returned he placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey, are you gonna be okay coming with me? I feel bad forcing it on you." That was Jack for you, always feeling bad for everything he ever did.

I sighed deeply and thought for a moment, before I looked back at Jack and shrugged. "Sure, I'll be fine." Jack seemed surprised that I actually agreed to come with him. I'm not exactly a social being.

"Well, we'd better make an early start if we wanna catch our plane on time." Jack smiled as he headed off to his room.

I went back to mine and rummaged through my draws and my wardrobe, grabbing everything from hoodies, dark tops and dark jeans. I heard a knock at my door and Jack entered, dragging a suitcase behind him. My eyes widened.

"You're packed already?!"

Jack laughed. "No dumb ass! This is for you!" He threw the empty suitcase at me and I managed to catch it, but I fell on my ass trying to. Jack burst out into laughter as he left shutting the door behind him. I hauled myself up and opened the suitcase on my bed.

***

I exit the apartment and locked the door behind me. Jack was already outside waiting for me. I pulled up my hood on my hoodie. Jack looked at me and smiled.

"What?" I asked shoving the keys in my pocket.

"Just you." Jack said. "You're always hiding yourself, covering your face up."

"So what? This is how I like to dress!" I shrugged.

Sean sighed. Although we were identical twins, we had different tastes in style. Jacks preferred normal jeans and a top, and styled his neon green hair to the side, letting it do its thing. Me on the other hand preferred ripped jeans and hoodies, and I spiked my hair upwards and out of my face.

But the main way to tell us apart was our eyes. We both had a light shade of sky blue eyes, however my left eye was a green colour where the white should be, leaving me with two different coloured eyes. Jack told me it was normal as other people were born with it.

I grabbed my suitcase. "Let's just get a move on." Jack nodded and we headed outside where a cab waiting for us. Jack opened the cab door and we slipped inside, heading for the airport.