Chapter 6

The flames died down and I let go of Dark's large hands and look down at my own.

"I-I did it ..." I mumbled.

"Yeah, but I had to help you by lending you some of my power. You know, kick it off." Dark smiled. I caught a whiff of something, something beautiful. Like hot melted cheese bubbling on crispy bread. I sniffed the air again and grinned.

"I smell pizza!" I cried, running towards the bedroom door and pulled it open. I quickly made my way down the stairs and sat at the dining table. I looked around, but there wasn't any food on the table. Mark was busy setting out plates and glasses around the table, and he looked over at me.

"Hungry?" He laughed.

"W-where's the pizza?" I asked. Mark looked puzzled.

"We ordered the pizza. It should be here soon." He said, laying out napkins. He stopped dead in his tracks and looked at me. "How did you know we were having pizza?"

"I-I can smell it." I said. I took another sniff of the air. "It's getting stronger."

Just like that, there was a knock at the door. Mark walked over and opened it. I couldn't see who it was from where I was sitting, but that smell was intense. My nose was dancing around in the warm air as Make closed the door, carrying 2 slim boxes with him.

"Pizzas here!" He called, setting the boxes down on the dining table. Jack walked in from the back garden with a light blonde golden retriever by his side, a pink collar around its neck, panting heavily.

"How're you feeling Anti?" He asked, taking his seat beside Mark.

"A lot better actually." I said with a smile. Jack winced slightly looking at me. I stopped smiling, remembering my serrated canine teeth. I have to get used to that.

I noticed the dog make its way towards me. As it looked at me, I could hear something.

Who is that?

My eyes widen. Holy shit! It can talk!

"Anti? What's wrong?" Mark asked, opening the pizza boxes. "It's only Chica, she doesn't bite."

I looked back at Chica, her head tilted as her brown eyes sparkled. Then I heard it again.

Why is he in Daddy's House?

I stumble back off my chair and onto my feet.

"Sh-She can talk!" I cried. Mark and Jack looked over at Chica, her tail stopped wagging as she look at me.

"Don't worry Anti, I can hear her too." Dark said making his way down the stairs. I looked at him, shaking.

Uncle Dark!

Chica runs up to Dark and jumps up at him, tongue hanging from her mouth and her tail wagging like crazy.

"Nice to see you too girl!" Dark laughed, petting her down her fluffy neck.

"Chica Bica!" Mark called in a high childish voice. "Go to bed and let Dark sit down."

Chica jumped down and circled for a while.

"Come on girl, go to bed. I gotta eat something." Dark smiled. Chica stopped circling and looked up at Dark.

Okay.

She walked past me and ran upstairs, probably towards Mark's room.

Dark turned as I finally sat back down, making his way over and took the seat next to me. I looked over at Jack. He was trying to keep his eyes off Dark, holding his fingers to his neck. Dark didn't seem to notice as he ripped through a slice of BBQ chicken pizza with his fanged canine teeth. The air was heavy between them, but they didn't want to show it.

This was going be an awkward dinner...