Chapter Three

Arizona

I wake up in a huge bed with white sheets, white pillows, a white comforter, and a fuzzy white blanket.
For a minute, I thought I was in a hospital.
Or heaven.
But when I look down, I see myself in a black long sleeved shirt and black leggings. My hair was kneaded into two braids.
I hold the shirt up to my nose and inhale.
My nose is filled with the intoxicating scent of Sara.
No wonder these clothes were so big, these weren't my clothes.
Looking around, I find myself in the bedroom part of her trailer.
Standing up drowsily, all of the memories from yesterday come flooding back.
Groggily, I walk out of the bedroom to a little mini kitchen that leads to a living room, where Sara laid scrunched up in an uncomfortable ball on one side of the love seat across from the TV that was playing reruns of Happy Days.
I smile at her adorable sleeping stance, for she had given me her bed and she had slept on the couch.
Surprised, my eyes grow wide as I see a grey kitten bundled in the blanket at her feet.
Shonda didn't allow pets in the trailers...
Taking the cutie in my arms, I walk back to the kitchen where I make Sara and I coffee.
She likes it black, just like me.
I grin as I set the mug down on the coffee table, she barley stirs.
Setting my own mug down, I crawl onto the couch next to her, taking the blankets at her feet and pulling them over to my lap. I pet the kitten lovingly and switch through the channels.
An obnoxiously loud commercial comes on, and she begins to stir. She shifts a bit, before completely leaning on me, wrapping her arms around my waist and resting her head against my stomach.
I raise my arm, setting it on her back and lovingly rubbing her back as she cuddles into my side.
I chuckle at her. She was so hot.
Wait. What?
Andrew left you.
He took your kids.
Yet you've never been happier.
Jess, something is off.