Chapter Nineteen

Jessica

I get to my trailer late at night, I was going to change into sweats and then head over to Sara's.
But when I open the door, I'm startled when I see the tall figure of a man standing in my kitchen.
I yelp, switching on the lights and chucking my keys at the man.
When the lights come on, I am surprised to see Andrew, standing in my kitchen.
"Hey Jess," he says. "Sorry I startled you."
"It's okay." I say, smiling slightly. "What are you doing here?"
He smiles. "I wanted to talk. I miss you, Jess."
Something in me flutters.
And the other part of me felt like puking.
"Okay, let's talk." I agree.
We sit down at the table in my kitchen, across from each other.
He lays his hand on top of mine. "I just wanted to apologize. You know, for saying that your being with Sara on TV was taking you away from our relationship. I still hate you being a lesbian, but I realize that's not who you actually are. I was just being petty and jealous when I said that you were in a relationship with Sara, and I'm sorry."
My stomach drops. "Oh yeah."
He smiles sympathetically at me. "I've decided to sue her. She is harassing you I have decided. So, don't worry. You won't have to deal with that anymore."
"W-what do you mean harassing?"
"I've been following you, Jess. I've seen the way she forced you into her car and how she forced you into her trailer. I have pictures to prove it."
He takes out his phone and shows me a picture of me crying and Sara carrying me inside.
"You were obviously in a vulnerable state and she took advantage of you. It's going to be great to use in court."
"Andrew..." I start off.

Knock, knock

He stands up from the table. "Actually, I have to go to the bathroom. You can get that."
Once he is in the bathroom, I go to the trailer door and open it, to find Sara standing there with a smile.
"I need to talk to you." She says. "About our relationship."