Chapter twenty four

Dedicated to Lauren because I love her :)

Sara

It was six am, and I had just finished shooting for the next episode, meaning I get four days off.
I bid goodnight to Kevin Mckidd who was directing this episode, and Ellen Pompeo who also shoots nights. Kelly Mcreary and Caterina also shot at night, but they had finished their scene a couple of hours ago.
"Night, Sa." Kevin says. "Ellen and I will lock up. You go get some sleep."
"Thanks." I say tiredly.
I shuffle to get my keys and purse, then head outside.
It was pitch black and pouring rain.
"Of course." I say to myself, rolling my eyes. "This is exactly what I needed. Rain."
I walk out into the rain, not caring about getting wet. I didn't run to get out of it, either. I just walked.
Honestly, I didn't care about anything anymore. If I get wet, well then I get wet. Who cares?
"Sara!" I hear a voice call.
I ignore it.
I keep walking.
"Sara! Hold up!"
I keep on walking. Whoever it is, they can wait.
"SARA ELANA RAMIREZ!" Someone screams.
I stop walking.
I turn around to see Jessica running toward me from her trailer.
I chuckle. She's tried to do this many times. Corner me. Force me to talk to her.
I just keep on walking.
Then I feel a hand grab my wrist.
"What the fuck?" I turn back around and there's Jess, drenched in rain, holding my hand.
"Let go of me." I say, refusing to look into her eyes.
"Look at me." She says.
"LET GO of me." I say, louder.
I feel her walk closer to me. I'm still looking at my feet. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't run.
She's standing right in front of me now. "Sara... come inside. I - we. We need to talk. I have to tell you the truth."
I shake my head. "No, Jessica. I'm done. Ryan cheated, and - and I got connected to you and.. and you... you just... I don't know Jessica. Let me go."
She chuckles. "You know me. I'm not going to let you go."
"Let me GO!" I shout, trying to yank away from her.
This past month I had worn myself out not eating, and I lost a lot of strength. I couldn't yank away.
"LET GO!" I scream, tears running down my face like a rapid river. They were just pouring out. I couldn't stop the tears.
She backs us up so that I'm against a trailer and she's pinning me down. 
"Jessica LET ME GO!" I say, struggling against her.
I was expecting her to talk to me. Or kiss me. Or slap me. Honestly, I don't know what I was expecting.
But the last thing I thought she would do, she did.
She held me.
I was always the strong one. I picked her up when she couldn't walk. I held her when she cried. I hugged her when she was alone.
And now... now I was confused.
Someone actually cared enough for me to... hold me.
I was so broken. I am so broken. People keep on breaking me.
I struggle against her as she locks her arms around my waist.
"LET GO! LET ME GO!" I say.
"Shhh. Sara. It's okay. I've got you. It's okay."
"STOP IT!" I scream, thrashing to get out of her grip, throwing myself against the trailer.
"HEY!" She screams at the top of her lungs, shutting me up. "I LOVE YOU, OKAY? AND I FUCKED UP. I ADMIT IT! I SCREWED UP. I HURT YOU AND I WOUNDED YOU AND I DID SOMETHING WRONG. DO YOU HEAR ME? IT WAS MY FAULT THIS TIME. YOU DIDNT DO ANYTHING WRONG. BUT YOU NEED TO REALIZE THAT I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU AND THIS IS ME TRYING TO MAKE US WORK. IM TRYING TO MAKE IT BETTER. SO LET ME FUCKING HUG YOU."

Wow. Sunshine is now a storm cloud. It was sort of hot.
Wait what?
I stopped. I stopped trashing and moving and I just stood there.
She wraps her arms around me again, pulling me close.
I weep in her arms as she whispers apologizes.
We stood there for hours.