{three}

She was a storm. Not the kind you run from. The kind you chase.

- R.H. Sin.
**************

-Maggie-

The weekend left as soon as it came and I wasn't looking forward to school. It's always the same. The dirty looks, the rumors, the comments, the whole judgement in general.

I parked my car and took a few deep breaths before stepping out.

"Thanks to her our school reputation is ruined."

I took another deep breath and sped up a little.

I was practically running down the hall now as they got worse, but as I turned the corner I bumped into someone. I fell along with the person's text books and silently cursed myself.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." I repeated. I stacked the books and gave it to the familiar guy before running off, slipping inside the first bathroom I saw.

Breathe, Maggie. Breathe.

I opened my eyes and gripped on the sink as I looked in the mirror. Splashing my face with cold water, I dabbed it dry with some paper towel and walked out of the bathroom.

Halfway through third period my name was called by  my physics teacher.

"Maggie, you are wanted at the front office." I nodded and stood up to leave the classroom.

"Please don't come back." Someone said, followed by some people who hummed in agreement.

I walked down the empty halls and made my way to the front office, meeting with the secretary.

"I was called up here." I said. She sighed and picked up the phone.

  "She's here.... alright." After hanging up, she looked at me.

"Go ahead." She pointed to the principal's office and I hesitantly walked toward it before opening the door.

"Maggie, please take a seat." Mr. McAdams said.

"Is there a problem with something sir?" I asked. He crossed his arms on the desk and tilted his head. "You tell me." He replied.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "I can't say I understand what you're talking about." Mr. McAdams sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"I've been hearing the comments people are saying about you, and I wanted to check if you are okay. A majority of them are really cruel and I know being in this situation can be hard." He said.

"I'm fine." I reassured it with nod and clasped my hands together.

"You know, there's this therapy group my daughter goes to, maybe you'd want to check it out? I can speak with your parents and arrange-"

"Mr. McAdams, I appreciate your concern but I'm okay. There's no need for therapy or any type of consolation."

Liar.

"If you change your mind just come knocking at my door. I can arrange a meeting." He reminded. I smiled and stood up.

"Thank you.  I should get to class now."

Right before I reached the door he spoke up.

"Oh, Maggie?" I sighed and turned around. "Yes sir?"

"Do you think you could spare a few minutes after school? We have a new student and I need someone to show him around. Someone who wouldn't throw their self at him." He clarified.

I furrowed my eyebrows and nodded slowly. "Um, sure. Do I come here after?"

He smiled and nodded his head. "Yes please. Thank you very much." I nodded and walked out of the office, making my way back to class.