EPILOGUE

Never stop by safetysuit.

You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.
-Wayne Gretzky.
-Michael Scott.

Five years later......

-Luke-

"Mags, honey we'll be late if you don't hurry up." I called out, fixing my tie. Today was the day of my uncle Jordan's wedding. I smirked as I remembered the bet Maggie and I made at my parent's house five years back, happy that I won. It only took two years for them to announce they were dating. Apparently Sarah made the first move- not surprised though since she's bold like that- and kissed Jordan during the Spring Break Maggie and I spent at my gram's place in England. He had no cases after Maggie's for awhile so decided to stay and catch up with my mum and dad. He had kissed her so they told us, but Jordan had stopped because he remembered she was underage, telling her that same thing. But then the next day he ended up kissing her and we'll, they secretly took things slow, only kissing or holding hands once in awhile, until Sarah was eighteen and they started secretly courting each other. It wasn't until I had proposed to Maggie three years later that they had told everyone they were dating. That nugget was filled of, congratulations aimed towards Maggie and I, and 'I totally shipped it' aimed towards Sarah and Jordan.

Jordan proposed to Sarah last year, and today they'll be saying their I do's.

"Okay, okay I'm ready. Sorry I took long, I just couldn't find Graham's left shoe. I spent this whole time looking for it only to realize I had it in my hand the whole time." Maggie said. She walked in the room in a navy blue dress, Graham walking behind her. I grinned when I saw her and pulled her closer to me. "You look-"

"Like a married twenty-three year old with one fiver and a half year old baby and a seven month child on the way?" She asked, rubbing her belly. I grinned and captured her lips in mine.

   "I was going for beautiful." I answered. She giggled and rested her hands on my shoulders. "Now, where have I heard that before?"

  "Ew, daddy don't kiss mommy in front of me." Maggie and I looked at Graham as he scrunched up his nose. I laughed and went over to him, picking him up. "Well look at you bud. You look handsome. You ready to see auntie Sarah walk down the aisle?" I asked him. He grinned and nodded his head.

  "Yeah. Auntie says that she's going down the aisle in conwerse instead of high heels." Maggie gasped and looked at Graham. "She said what? I already talked to her about that. She can't wear converse to her wedding. We gotta go before she hides her heels." I laughed as we got in the car.

   "We have to stop to pick up the photo for your mom." I reminded her on the way. She nodded, applying her lipstick in the mirror. As we got down at the store, I watched as Maggie and Graham looked at the black and white enlarged photo of Jordan and Sarah facing each other in a hug, their foreheads touching. I smiled at the sight of them and knew that this is exactly what I wanted my whole life. I didn't expect to propose to Maggie so soon, but one time I was babysitting Graham while she went out with mum, Sarah, Miranda, Saskia and Janice for Winger break in college. Out of nowhere he called me 'daddy' and instantly I knew it felt right. I bought an engagement ring a week after and when I proposed, she said yes. Now here I am, staring at the woman who begged me to get of my knee so I could kiss her already like the stubborn woman she is, holding my daughter inside of her and my son standing right beside her. As we were making our way out we bumped into a lady.

   "Oh, I am so sorry ma'am." Maggie said. The lady- who turned out to be a nun- looked up with a smile, about to excuse us until she saw me holding Maggie's hand and Graham's. She looked at Maggie's stomach and widened her eyes, a gasp escaping from her mouth. It was the same bloody nun who saw me buy my mum a box of rubbers for my ,um when I first moved here.

   "Oh lord. The thing I feared the most happened!" She placed her hands on both of Graham's cheeks and frowned. "You poor child." With that, she walked away, holding the cross around her neck and quietly praying. Maggie looked at me with her eyebrows furrowed. "What was that about?" She asked. I sighed and shook my head. "Long story. We should go before we're late." As we got in the car and drove off Graham spoke up.

   "That lady was weird."
————

  "Do you, Sarah, take this man as your lawfully wedded husband, and promise to love him through sickness and health, for rich or for poorer, all till death do you apart?" Sarah smiled and nodded her head. "I do." I smiled and looked at Maggie from my spot behind Jordan. I was his best man while Maggie was Sarah's maid of honor. She smiled back at me as the ceremony continued.

   "And do you, Jordan, take this woman as your lawfully wedded wife, and promise to love her through sickness and health, for rich and for poorer till death do you apart?"

  "I do." Jordan answered. The man smiled and faced the guests. "Ladies and gentlemen, I now pronounce these two as husband and wife, Jordan, you may kiss your bride." Cheers filled the room as Jordan gladly did as told and therefore, the celebration began. Everybody drove to the venue for the after party and immediately took their seats while the new couple had their first dance. After they finished, everyone clapped and people began to stand up to dance as well. I turned to Maggie as a very familiar song began. "May I have this dance Mrs. Banfield?" I asked. She smiled and took my hand. "Yes you may Mr. Banfield." I helped her up with a grin and we both headed to the dance floor, getting as close as possible with our daughter in between us.

"These past five years have been the best five years of my life." I said. Maggie smiled and rested her chin on my shoulder. "You've managed to deal with me somehow didn't you?" I chuckled and nodded my head.

"Oh you have no idea. Have I mentioned how stubborn you can get?" I laughed as she hit my chest. "I'm only teasing you. You've been absolutely perfect my love. I wouldn't change a thing about you. Not even for a second." She sighed and looped her arms around my neck while I looped mine around her waist as much as I could.

"I love you Luke Banfield." She whispered. I placed a kiss on her forehead.

"I love you more Maggie Banfield."
————

THE END

Check out my book False Corpse if you're into mystery/thriller!!!