{Thirty}

Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.
   - From A Headstone in Ireland.

  -Luke-

  After we arrived at the station everything passed by in a blur. They locked Walter Tarrant up, and then the cops told us something about a court date that Maggie had to attend. Her dad wasn't so happy about it,since he should immediately be put in jail because it's been clear he was responsible of rape; but as the cop said, laws are laws. We had went back to Maggie's house after that, explaining everything to Sarah and Janice.

There were already camera men recording the whole scene outside the festival, ad they happened to get the reason behind Walter's arrest live on tape, so now that's what's streaming on the tv and as the woman holding the microphone informed, they're trying to find out who exactly were the victims. We ignored it at first, but the lady's next words made us all go tense.

  "Walter Tarrant has been arrested for the sexual assault of ten women in total. We don't have information on all of the victims, but one of them was eighteen year old Maggie Brown. Police officer Seth Wagers confirms that she walked into the Police station of Downtown St. Helena, California. This is all we have on this case but more information will be provided as soon as we have ears on the next-"

The tv was turned off and Sarah stood up, pacing the room angrily. "Are they even allowed to place your name like that? It should be illegal for a cop to put out that information about Maggie without her consent!" Maggie wasn't paying attention as Evan tried calming Sarah down. She was sitting on the recliner with Graham sitting between her legs, and her eyes were starting to close again. She definitely needed to lay down because I've already caught her swaying to the side and almost falling off once or twice. I sighed and stood up, walking to wards her and picking up Graham.

"Go up to your room and rest. I'll watch Gray while you sleep and they figure this out." I said quietly, not wanting to interrupt the conversation. Maggie looked up at me and opened her mouth to protest, but instead a yawn came out. She sighed in defeat and stood up, giving Graham a kiss on the cheek and smiling up at me. "Thanks Luke. I owe you one." I smiled and shook my head, squeezing her shoulder as she walked by and went upstairs.

"I still don't understand why they want to defend that sick man! This isn't the first time he's been reported, that should prove that he's guilty!" I sat down with Graham on the couch and watched him as he started playing with my fingers, spreading them apart with both his hands. "There's nothing we can do about it, and if we don't appear they're going to think Maggie was lying." Evan said. Janice buried her face in her hands as she rested her elbows on her knees, muttering something inaudible.

"I need to find a lawyer." Evan said. Janice removed her hands from her face and pulled her eyebrows together. "What do you mean? Joseph Turner is our lawyer."

  (A/N: I have no idea if there's actually a lawyer named Joseph Turner I'm just making up names. And f there is a lawyer by that name then kudos for him)

  "I know, but he lost his brother in an accident and he won't be able to testify for Maggie because he'll be at the funeral." Evan explained. I raised my eyebrow and cleared my throat. "I can give you my uncle's number. He's a pretty good lawyer." Janice turned to me and nodded.

  "Yes, that'd be great Luke. Thank you very much." She looked around the living room and frowned. "Where did Maggie go?"

  "Upstairs taking a nap." I replied. She stood up and pulled her hair up into a bun. "I'm going to start dinner. Luke, would you like to stay?" She asked. I nodded as I remembered that dad was having a late night at work today and mum would be at a friend's house.

  "I'd love to, thanks for the offer. Would you like some help?" She smiled and shook her head. "No that's alright. Make yourself at home and if you need anything let me know." I nodded as she walked off and whipped out my phone, looking for my uncle's number.

  "Here's my uncle's number, his name is Jordan. Tell him I gave you the number and he'll immediately help." I said, handing my phone to Evan. He got it and typed in the number in his phone, calling it right after he handed my phone back.

   As Evan left the living room it was only Sarah, Graham and I left. "I'm sorry," I snapped my head up as Sarah shifted in her seat across me. "You know, for blaming you when Maggie started zoning out and everything." I sighed and shook my head.

"There's no need to apologize. You were just worried for her." I assured. Sarah shrugged and leaned forward, placing her elbows on her knees. "That's no excuse. Maggie trusts you and I should've too."

  "Either way I see where you were coming from. Don't worry about it Sarah." Graham started to fuss, making us both look at him. A few seconds later I felt something warm coming down my lower stomach and track pants. I froze and moved my eyes up to Sarah. She had her eyebrow arched in question and I sighed.

  "Graham just pissed on me." I told her. She widened her eyes and pressed her palm against her mouth, trying to hold back her laughs. I scrunched up my nose as  I felt my clothes sticking to me. "Oh God, it's warm and sticky." Sarah burst out laughing, and at first I glared at her but eventually I joined her. Janice came walking into the room with her eyebrows knitted, holding a wipe in her hand. "What's so funny?"

  Sarah pointed at Graham as she laughed. "Graham just drenched Luke with his pee." Janice gasped and shook her head. "For the love of God. Evan! How hard is it to put a diaper on a baby correctly?!" She called out. Janice made her way towards me and picked Graham up, handing him to Sarah. "Sarah could you please get Graham cleaned up?" She nodded, still laughing as she took Graham upstairs. Janice turned to me and shook her head. "I'm so sorry about that. Come with me and I'll let you shower and change into some of Evan's old clothes." I nodded and stood up from the couch, pulling my shirt away from my stomach.

  This is probably the most hectic day I've had.
———

Vote and comment.