12) Would you carry me to the end?

Frank couldn't be luckier. He had a boyfriend and a best friend. And he had his own friend group. But he still had asshole parents.

And Gerard fixed that.

Well, I mean Lindsey did, but let's not dwell on that.

They called Frank by his name for the first time ever, calling him by his pronouns for the first time, and even buying him some boys' clothes.

When he asked what was up, they replied with, "We've had a change of heart."

And Lindsey told him the following day.

It's apparently illegal to call your transgender child by their wrong pronouns. It's child abuse, the abuse being mental, and not physical, of course. Lindsey had threatened to take him away from his home because her mother is a cop, and they obeyed.

And now the only problem was Edgar and Bob.

Lindsey took care of that too.

She beat up Edgar so bad that he switched classes for the rest of the year, and blackmailed Bob with pictures of a string bean up his nose. I don't fucking know how they got that picture but it was there. And now Frank has the best life ever.

And it all came down to the small things, Frank sitting on Gerard's lap, them watching TV together. Or Lindsey singing to a random song on the radio while they laughed and threw beer cans at each other. Or playing Dance Dance Revolution and beating Ray, who slaps you with the Wii remote.

Or everyone sitting on a roof with Gerard, looking up at the stars and laughing about how cliche it was.

Or hearing him whisper to Frank, "I love you."

And hearing Frank whisper back, "Love? Love is gay."

And laughing because Lindsey is pretending to throw up.

And smiling because finally, fucking finally, life is good.

He loves Gerard.

No, fuck that.

Love is gay.

Fin