Chapter 3

It Can’t Be

** Sayla P.O.V. **

            (a month later)

For the past couple of days, I haven’t been feeling too good, I’ve been at my parents’ house for the past two days. I’m awaken by the laughter and chatter coming from my parents down stairs. Once down the smell of food turns me stomach. I try to see if it will pass. “Good morning, momm.” I turned quick running to the bathroom down stairs. I wash my mouth out when I’m done. I walk back out to see both my parents looking at me weirdly. “How far along are you Shayla?” My dad asked me. “Daddy what are you talking about?” “Shayla your pregnant.” My mom blurts out. “I’m going to be a grandmother.” “mom calm down I’m not pregnant.” “Fine, let’s go get you checked out then.” “Fine, let me put on some clothes.”

Arriving at the clinic I feel so uneasy but I’m doing this to prove my parents wrong. Sitting in the waiting room I took my phone out to text Caleb. I have barley talked to him or seen him. I have no idea what’s going on with him.

{text convo.}

S: Hey baby, where are you?

C: I’m doing me.

S: When will we see each other again? It’s been a while and I want to see my man.

C: lmao

S: What is so funny.

C: you will find out soon enough. 

“Sayla Cooper” I heard the nurse call my name. I got up walked toward her still replaying over in my head what Caleb was talking about and laughing at. “Sayla can you please step on the scale please.” “Yes mam.” Stepping on the scale I see I have gained a few pounds not many. I need to pick back up on my working out. “Sayla what brings you here today?” the nurse asked me. “I need a pregnancy test” I say to her. She looked at me and smiled. “We can do that right now.” She gave me a plastic cup with a green lid. “Put as much as you can in here.” Once I finished I took it to her. “I’ll be back soon with your results.” She smiled as she walked out of the room. I couldn’t be pregnant could I? Questioning my own self. What will Caleb say or do. I heard the door open after what seemed like a life time. I see her looking in a folder. Trying to find some kind of reaction from her, but none seem to follow. “Congratulations Sayla your pregnant.” “I’M WHAT” I shouted rather loudly. “Your pregnant” she repeated herself. “You will need to make an appointment with your Ob-gyn.” She tells me. “Yes mam, I will. Thank you for everything.” “Your welcome.” I walked out the room to the waiting room where my mom was. I handed her the paper. I watched her as she looked. She had the biggest smile on her face. She hugged me tight and whispered in my ear. “Everything is going to be alright baby girl.”

I decided to come home since I knew what was wrong with me and I’m going back to work. I called Caleb told him to come over, that was 3 hours ago. 

Laying in my bed after a long warm relaxing shower I placed my hand on my stomach. “Hey little person inside of me. I’m your mommy. I have no idea what it is like to a mom. I’m so scared, but I promise I will always love and protect you. Be the best mom I can. I’m pretty positive I will be making mistakes but I just ask you love me when I make them. I’m sure you will also and I promise I will love you when you make them. It’s a ver…” I am caught off guard by the knocking on my door.

“Who is it?” I asked “It’s Caleb. Now open the door.” I open the door to see Caleb standing in front of me with Tiffany on him. “Caleb what is she doing here?” I asked with venom in my voice. “Sayla this is my girlfriend” He says with a wicked smile on his face. “You dumb bitch you didn’t really believe he left me for you now did you?” I’m standing their looking dumbfound. “Aww Cal. Look she really did think you wanted to be with her.” Tiffany says. “Sayla, you were nothing more to me than a bet. Four of my friends bet me that I couldn’t take your virginity either before or on your birthday. I did. I even recorded the moment I did it to show proof.” Caleb said in a nonchalant way. I felt my world collops inside of me and all round. My heart became shattered in a matter of seconds. 

“Stay there I have something for you.” I went to my room and got the paper. I pushed it hard into his chest. I watched him and Tiffany look at the paper. “Yes it’s yours Caleb.” “Bitch get an abortion tomorrow.” Caleb said to me in an icy chill way. “I will not and you can’t make me. Oh that’s right you wouldn’t won’t mommy and daddy of course the public to know what you did. Trust everyone will know soon enough. I wonder what dear ol’ daddy will think of his son, can’t forget his supporters.” “You wouldn’t dare.” Tiffany sneered. “Trust me I will and let’s not forget when it comes out about the bet.” I held my phone up showing them. What the fuck does your phone have to do with anything?” Caleb asked. “I was recording you say how you bet on me.” “YOU FUCKING BITCH” Caleb yelled as he left my apartment. With Tiffany close beside him. I slide down the door and finally let all my hurt and heartbreak out in form of tears.

{next day} 

** Caleb P.O.V. **

Waking up with a pounding headache thinking how could this bet lead to all this. I picked up my phone to call Sayla. She will be getting an abortion keep her fucking mouth closed.

“I’m sorry the number you have reached is no longer in service.” 

“I know she didn’t change her number.”  I said to myself. I called again

“I’m sorry the number yo.” I just hung up the phone.

I walk down stairs to the kitchen only to be meet by my parents.

“Morning.” “What is this shit about this girl Sayla Cooper?” I heard my father say in a stern tone. Fuck it. “I don’t know a Sayla Cooper.” I said. My dad held up a few pictures of her and I together. “How did you get these?” I snatched them out of his hand. “I got them when I got this. You bet you could sleep with her and now she is pregnant.” My father tone becoming more killer by the moment. “Dad, it’s not what you think.” “She could ruin this family in so many different ways. I am the governor and my “other” businesses. Son, if any of this gets out I will kill you myself.” “Do you have any idea what this will do?” “Dad I will fix this.” “Son, you better we will not be a scandal for your fuck up’s. Do you understand” My mom finally spoke. “Yes mom I do.”

My parents finally left my house. I went took a shower and got dressed and went to Sayla’s house.

I knocked on her door. No answer.

“Excuse me sir, how may I help you?” A short old man asked me. ” I’m looking for Sayla Cooper?” “I’m sorry sir, she just moved this morning.” “Do you know where she moved to?” “No, sir. I’m sorry I don’t.”  He said. “Thank you.” I said then turned and left.

** Sayla P.O.V **

Resting in my new place I hear my phone ring.

“Hello” I said.

“Hey Sayla. He came by here. I told him you left and I didn’t know where you moved to.”

I smiled. “Thank you Mr. Wood.”

“Your welcome. Take care.” He said as he hung up the phone.

I just laid down resting. Thinking of my next move.

Comment:

Vote: