Chapter 11

Unanswered Questions  

Jaxson

I watched her look at me mixed emotions but none stronger than anger. “Walk away from you? Its nothing to walk away from when it comes to you. You are Benji’s father and that’s it.” “It’s obvious I’m his father but that is not what I was referring to.” The door burst open with happy energetic Benji.

“Rayyyyvennnn.” I watched her smile going over to Benji. You can look at him and tell how much he loves and adores Rayven. “do you need something? Are you okay?” “can we watch a movie in here?” “In my room?” We watched as he nodded his head in a yes motion vigorously. She smiled just as big as he was. “Hop in bed and I will get us a movie.” “Otay.”  “Benji don’t you think we should be going home now.” “No. I want say with Rayven.”

“How about Peter Rabbit” “Yeasss.” “I’m going to put the movie in then change clothes. Then I will be back in here.” She said to Benji. He nodded as the movie started. 

She slipped in the bathroom to change clothes and I went downstairs to where Brian was. “Brian, why did you let Benji upstairs?” “I went to the kitchen for something to drink and he took off. Did he interrupt something?” He asked with a raised brow.” “Shut up Brian. I got to run home to check on some business matters. I will be back soon.” “Alright.” 

When I got home I went to my office checked some emails, made some calls, and realized I would have to leave again in about three months. My phone ringing brought me out of my thoughts I didn’t bother to see who it was.

“Hello” “Where is my son?” I hung up the phone I do not feel like dealing with that bitch at all. After eight calls I blocked her number at least for now. I looked at my watch not realizing how late it was. I left going back over to Rayven’s.

I knocked on the door and Brian answered. “Is Benji still watching movies.” “Honestly I have no clue. I ate and went to sleep on the couch.” I rolled my eyes. I walked up to Rayven’s room to get Benji. Slowly opening the door I see Benji and Rayven asleep on her bed cuddled up close. I walked to Benji to wake him up. “Benjamin wakes up it’s time to go home.” “no sty with Rayven,” He says groggily. Then went back to sleep. Rayven woke up. “What is it?” “He needs to be in his own bed in his own home.” She blew out a deep breath and sighed. “Just let him stay he is already sleep.” She laid back down. “Rayven.” “Good night Jaxson.” She says.

I go back downstairs to see Brian gone. Calling Brian on my phone. “Where are you.” “in bed. You and Benji on the way.” I remained silent. “He chose Rayven.” Brain says laughing. “Shut up,” I say then hung the phone up.  I got on the couch then went to sleep.

(2weeks later)

I pull up to Benji school to get him. He and his teacher arrive at the car she opens the door and makes sure he is secured in before speaking. “Good afternoon Mr. Wilson.” “Hello, Mrs. Burton. How was Benji in school today?” “He was great. Will you be here for tonight for the parent-teacher meeting” “I will be here.” “Daddy I wan Rayven to come here.” I looked at my son, “We will see she might be busy.” He shook his head. “her never busy for me.” I smiled. “Tell Mrs. Burton you will see her this evening.” After we said our good-bye we left.  

“Daddy can you ak Rayven to come with us plezzze” “We will ask but let me get your clothes for tonight. Get ready for your bath okay.” Otay daddy.” Getting Benji’s clothes out I look at the time and see that Rayven should be off by now since she started her new job. Going into the bathroom I run some water for his bath. “Benji. You ready for your bath.” He came running into the bathroom yes. He took his clothes off and hopped in the water.  

After I gave him a bath I got him dressed and put a movie on in my room so I could take a quick shower. “stay right here Benji. You have everything you need before I get in the shower.” “Yes, daddy.” I went in and took a quick shower.  Will take another one when Benji is sleep. I got dressed in the bathroom and noticed Benji was too quiet for my liking.  

Benji's outfit