Chapter 9

Meeting 

** Rayven**

{a week later}

After taking a long warm shower I go to start cooking breakfast, no doubt Brian and Benji would be coming over spending the day with me. I have been good with keeping my past from Brian even though he keeps asking me. He really got suspicious a few days ago, when Benji hit my cut. I played it off and hope it worked.

Knock, Knock

“I’m coming.” I yell taking out the last waffle out of the iron. I open barley got the door open before Benji full on attacks me with hugs and kisses.  “Hey baby boy, how are you?”  “I’m hungy.” I smile “Come on I done cooked sweetie.” “Good morning Brian, how feeling.”  “Good Ray, how did you sleep?” “I’m good.” “Ravan, can I stay here with you today before daddy comes home?” “Sure buddy. What are we going to do first?” Watch aw troll.” Benji says with a lot of excitement. “We can watch Paw patrol.” I come to realize he loves that show.

After eating and watching Paw patrol I hear the loudest “Let colfor Raven.” He says my name so cute. “I got a bunch of his coloring books and crayons. He starts head start in a few weeks.”  I listen to Brian who got interrupted by Benji. “Raven come to scool wit me.” “Honey, your dad is going to be the one to take you.” “You can to.” “We will see ok.” “O.tay. now lets colfor.” “How about before we color we learn each color and say the names. You will need this know this for school and you will be the best student in the class.” “I wana be the best stwdent.” I laugh at him. “Okay let’s start.”

After about two hours I was drained it seem like. Benji still wanted to play and color. “Benji how about we watch a movie?” “Yeahhhhhh.” He says with so much excitement. “Brian do Benji have movies a favorite one?” “Yeah, give me a sec please.” “Sure, I’m not in a rush. I’m going to get snacks. Benji do you want something?” “No.”  Walking in the kitchen I hear a knock at the door. Fear and panic took over me ‘til I saw a man white man come into my view laughing and talking with Brian.

“Daddy.” I see Benji running toward the man. He has his arms opened wide. “Hey buddy. Have you been a good boy?” “Yes, even for Rayven.” “You’re supposed to say Mrs. Raven.” Did he just say Mrs.? I look at Brian and he smirks and nudges his brother to look at me. “Benji go get your things so we can go home.” “No, plwse can I sway with Mrs. Raven we wathing movies.” He looks at me and smiles. “She might have plans. I look at Benji like he is about to cry.

“Benji I don’t have plans you can stay with me if it is fine with your dad and uncle.” “Can we?” Benji asked “Rayven you cooking?” “Yes, Brian I am.” “I’m staying.” “Because I’m cooking?” “Yeah, you see Jaxson here can only cook a few things and all of them are under 3 minutes. I don’t trust that.” I laugh at Brian while his brother looks like he is ready to punch him in the face. “We will stay.” I heard him speak so that I could hear him. “Yessssssss” I hear Benji yell running up to me holding my leg. “Come on let’s start the movie.”

Benji sat in between Jaxon and I while Brian sat in the other chair. Half way through the movie Benji went to sleep on me. I kissed his cheek and I slid him off so I could go start dinner.

** Jaxson **

Brain had been telling me about this woman Rayven and how attached my son has gotten to her. I though he was joking because Benji doesn’t like many people especially females except my mom and four aunts. I watch her as Benji is laying on her sleep. She kissed him and left going towards the kitchen. I see Brain who is sleep. I follow her in the kitchen.

“Thank you for helping my brother with my son.” I must have startled her, she jumped grabbing her chest. “Please don’t scare me like that again.” “I’m sorry, please forgive me.” “It’s fine.” “How did you get this house so quick?” “Excuse me.” “You heard me just fine. Now answer.” “I had just got here and I was walking, took some twist and turns then I saw the lady packing up the house and the sign. Is that alright with you?” “It’s fine just wondering if you had already made a bid on the house.” “No, I just got here the day I meet Brian and Benji.” “Let’s talk about my son.” I watched prep the food and put it in the oven and stir whatever is on the stove. She faced me “What about him. He’s and amazing little boy.” “That he is. Brian tells me that they have been over every day.” “That is correct. Is it a problem?” “I just want my son to be happy and safe.” “I understand I want the same for him. Are you asking me to stay away from him?” I was about to answer when Brain walked in the kitchen.

“Were y’all about to fuck?” I watched the smirk arise on his face.

‘SMACK’ I see Rayven slapping Brain in back of the head? “What was that for Ray.” “Don’t act like you didn’t just say shit.” “Maybe you do want to fuck my Jaxson. I mean you getting all defensive and shit.” “I do not want him.” “That’s a first woman always through themselves at him.” “No, the fuck they don’t.” I say in a sharp tone. Rayven gives me a questionable look. The fucking nerve of her.

“Brain get the plates for me please.” “Yes, ma’am.” I walked over to the table where Brain is. “Why did you say that?” “Say what?” “Don’t be coy with me. You know what the hell I’m talking about. Are we fucking.” He laughs. “how long as it been for you?” “Not the fucking point. Oh, I get it. You like her but want to push her off on me so you don’t have to be bothered with her.” Before he could speak we heard “I didn’t realize I was a pawn in y’alls game of who can fuck her first. Fuck both of y’all.” She rushed by me so quick I couldn’t catch her in time before she went out the door and slamming it behind her waking up Benji. 

Comment:

Vote: