Chapter 5

Meeting Pt. 2  

** Caleb P.O.V.**

“Caleb Jenkins get your ass down here now!” I heard my father yell at me from downstairs. I got up and rushed down stairs while putting on my shirt to see my parents waiting for me. “Yes, sir. You called or me?” “Don’t be cute son. This girl is causing us, our family problems. End it now.” “Dad how should I end it? I was never with her.” “Did you have sex with her? “C’mon dad. I am not talking about my sex life with my parents.” “yes the hell you will. This is mine and your mother’s house. Not yours. You just eat, sleep and shit here. Do you pay any of these got damn bills? No you do not.” “I know I don’t but what does my sex life have to do with bills?” “That bitch says she is pregnant with your child. Our grandchild. Your mother asked her to get an abortion and she said no. Do you have any clue what she has done and what is about to happen?”  “No! What” I said with as attitude. SMACK! “Do not take that tone with your father.” My mother said with venom I her voice. “The state is going to but us under investigation and I have three multi million dollars’ deals going on. That bitch is bringing trouble to this family. Nope it is not only her you to.” “How?” “You got her pregnant.” “I didn’t mean to.” “You have disgraced this family to many times. “I can’t believe I carried you and brought you in this world.” I have never heard that come from my mom. We were always so close and now to hear this. “What mom.” “Don’t mom me. We taught you better. I don’t care if you fuck every girl in the world do it, but don’t get them pregnant until you have married one or plan on marrying that girl. This girl was a bet and she has put it all on the internet.” “You better get her get an abortion and tell her to say she was lying Caleb. Or so help me.” I heard my dad say to me. “I’ll go and do what I can.” “No you will Caleb.” Turn and walked out the door. My heart still stung from what my mom told me. I got in my car thinking of where Sayla could be. Grabbed my phone and found her parent’s address no doubt they would know where their daughter is.

Pulled up to the house. I see her car. This where she has been hiding. Walking up to the door. My mind racing what am I going to say. I can sweet talk her give her this dick and she fall in love and do what I say

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The door swung open to reveal A

dark skin man. “Uhm yes, sir. Is Sayla here and if so may I talk with her.” “Yes my daughter is here and who are you to want to talk with her.” I her boyfriend”. “Funny my daughter does not have a boyfriend.” Soon as he said that he slammed the door in my face.

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

The door opens again revealing Sayla’s father again. “Sir, we broke up, but I am here to get back with her. After all we will be family soon when she has the baby. I’m the father” I said with a smile on my face. I watch his stone wall reaction and the look in his eyes. “You are the father of my grandchild but after the way you treated this child coming we this family do not won’t any contact from you or your family. Sayla lost her job because of your family. A you think I should just open up my home to you after what you and your family has done. Don’t ever come back.” “Sir!” “Don’t be respectful to me now. I mean treat me now you treated my daughter. What kind of man would I be if I allowed you and your family around this baby and to raise him or her to be like yall?” “What kind of parent or grandparent would I be. Couldn’t save Sayla but I will this child. Now get off my property before I call the police on you and press charges.” “Also, we will be getting a restraining order against your family.” I heard him say to me as I was walking to my car. I turned around and looked up to a window and saw Sayla looking at me rubbing her stomach. I got in my car and drove off.

(back at Caleb’s house)

I saw my dad sitting on the couch on his phone talking. I stood and waited for him to get off the phone.

“Dad her father wouldn’t let me near her, much less talk to her. Maybe next time.” I tried to turn and leave when I heard my dad speak. “I was on the phone with the lawyers. That family because of you is messing up my business and my money. I swear if you weren’t my son I would put a 9mm to your temple and kill you point blank.” After hearing that I watched my dad walk away.

Standing out here in the woods away from everything. What have I done I asked myself. I throw the rope over the tree. Say a prayer and make my parents wish comes true as I hung myself.

{later that night}

** Sayla P.O.V.**

“Mom dinner was good. I will wash dishes.” “Baby you really need to rest.” “Yes ma’am I will. I’m going to take a shower.” “alright.” I heard my mom say back. After my shower I went down stairs to talk with my parents I saw the news was on. I knew I was going to have to wait till’ that went to a commercial break or went off completely. I’m snapped out of my thoughts when I hear breaking news Caleb Jenkins has been found dead hanging from a tree deep in woods. I ran upstairs and crashed on the bed and cried not for me but my child. How will I tell my child this? I hated him for how he used me but never wanted this.

Comment:

Vote: