| 02. STUBBORN PEOPLE THESE DAYS

⋆♛❁❂—————————————❂❁♛⋆

Chapter 2; Stubborn People These Days

ELANORA was truly, truly, exhausted. She had finally realized how cruel and unruly her house was, but sadly learned it the hard way. Rude comments from her ex-friends and peers were periodically thrown at her with no ending.

"Traitor!"

"I knew you weren't really a Slytherin!"

I mean the last comment was a bust because obviously, she was really a Slytherin, but she didn't say anything. Elanora was quiet the entire time, going to classes silently and eating silently. It wasn't like she had anyone to speak to anyway, so she didn't see a point. You would only see her in the great hall for meals and classrooms for her classes. But she didn't exactly have a choice. She needed to eat, and was technically only at Hogwarts to learn. She came into her dorm incredibly late at night when everyone (including Jane and Fern, who hadn't said a word to her) was asleep so she could avoid any gruesome encounters with her bunkmates.

The twins were observing the entire time. They saw her in class, excelling but still quiet. They saw her eat alone and then leave. Fred and George intended on changing that.

It was last period Potions, and class was almost ending. Elanora sat silently in her seat staring down at the blank parchment laying in front of her. Snape finished his lesson and sent one last glare at Elanora before dismissing the class. Fred and George immediately stood up, ready to catch Elanora before she can disappear. The blonde Slytherin grabbed her stuff and rushed to the door. They shoved students aside, trying to make it to talk to her, but it seemed that something distracted her. She took her wand out of her robes and studied it profusely. Elanora ran her hand around the material and her head suddenly snapped up.  

She shoved her wand back inside her robes and looked left and right, her eyes falling on the twins. They shrunk behind the door, even through they knew that she had spotted their extremely noticeable red hair. A wash of adrenaline flew through them.

But instead of confronting them like Fred and George expected, Elanora walked in the opposite direction quickly. Suddenly energized, the Weasleys ran out of their hiding place and after her, surprised. Bounding after the Slytherin swiftly, easily catching up to her quick steps. When they had finally reached Elanora, surrounding her on both sides, Fred grabbed her forearm and yanked her away towards the side of the hallway.

"Fred!" She exclaimed, yanking her arm from his strong grip, acknowledging the other twin, "George!"

"So where have you been?" George asked.