| 06. GRAND PRIZE WINNER VISITS HELL!

⋆♛❁❂—————————————❂❁♛⋆ 

Chapter Six; Grand Prize Winner Visits Hell!

"— and I was quite chuffed with myself when I was able to finally talk to him."

"Want a cookie?"

Everyone laughed, but Lauren just blushed a deep red, trying to cover it with her tiny little giggles. The feast had ended, but it felt like something that resembled that one class that dragged out much, much longer then it needed to. It wasn't torturous, but it was so difficult to the point that one was just tongue tied and at a major loss of anything to say. When all plates were covered in crumbs and bare bones, and cups were empty, everything on the table disappeared with a poof. Most likely going to the house elves in the kitchen. Elanora couldn't help but sometimes feel bad for them.

With full stomachs and tired minds, Hogwarts students climbed out from their seats and began to file out of the door, separating when people went in different directions to get to their dormitories. The Slytherin prefects led the newest first years through the hallways of the school, a bit behind the other students, who knew the way by heart, their feet going on their own with no thought brought into it. "Fresh meat", as Fern would often call the new first years. Nancy would point out that they were once the "fresh meat" that she teased the first years about. She would only shrug. The group of six weaved through the school, brushing aside other Slytherins and students that were in their way. Elanora would sometimes glance back at the first years, analyzing the students who were new here. Just a few hours they were clinging onto their parents at the train station, now most had already made friends.

Elanora sighed. Soon they'd understand how good of a school Hogwarts was, and wouldn't even know how they were ever hesitant about coming here. This was the place to be. This was home. 

The group of five, although roaming next to her, weren't in her best interest. They were blabbering on about when they were to receive their timetables and squealing about what they would do if they had certain people in their classes. Elanora was pretty sure that no one was going to pop out and ask, "And why aren't you squealing with us Elanora?" Her biggest interest was staring at the walls around her and noticing the paintings and what they were doing.

As Elanora walked, her eyes followed anywhere they could, trying to ignore the deep regard she had; but there was nothing interesting or new that caught her eye. That was until something that briskly popped up in her peripheral vision and instantly bought her attention. Elanora's eyes snapped down to see a folded piece of parchment laying face down on the floor, which had quickly caught her attention.

She lifted one eyebrow. How queer. Hadn't Filch cleaned these floors? How in the world had a piece of paper been laying her so early in the year? She glanced around, and her eyes locked with Jane, whom Elanora realized had been looking at her before. Jane's dark eyes stared quite deeply into Elanora's soul, but blinked and swiftly hooked her attention back at Nancy, who was gabbing about what had happened over her summer. Elanora felt a sting in her chest, but looked back at the parchment. She didn't know why she was making this such a big deal. It was just a piece of parchment, nothing important. She drifted away, quickly though, to make sure that the group would still be there when she turned back. She scrambled to the side and picked the folded parchment off of the shiny floors.