| 08. ISN'T THAT MY TOAST?

⋆♛❁❂—————————————❂❁♛⋆

Chapter 8; Isn't That My Toast?

'TWAS a calm day in the Hogwarts grand hall. The students were walking in for breakfast as they would any normal day, people were chattering, and Elanora was piling an excessive amount of food onto her plate to hold her over through her classes. Her mom hadn't sent her monthly stash of gum in the post yet and she wasn't sure if she would be able to make it through McGonagall's class without falling asleep on her desk. Nothing against McGonagall, she just had a low tolerance of a boring subject and always ended up snoozing.

No drama, no worries. It had been about a week since she had been invited to sit with her friends, and things were settling in, much to her happiness. She was worried about different things now, like quidditch tryouts and about how she was going to complete Snape's essay by his class at 12:00 that very day.

But as she took a large sip of pumpkin juice, she almost spat it out onto the unlikeliest of people showing up at her side and slamming an opened letter onto an empty space on the table.

Thankfully, she managed to swallow before she choked and died, or did what she was afraid of.

"Lucas," she started, wiping her mouth and trying her very best not to embarrass herself in front of him, "what's up?"

Trust Elanora when she says that Lucas and her other brother,  Alex, would never talk to her during school. Barely even out of school, also, other than some friendly greetings that had only started during the summer. That was only because of what she had done for Harry Potter, whom they had grown to like being around. She was normally the one making the conversation, despite the fact.

Could she blame them, really? It'd be pretty awkward if they talked in school, especially since the two of them were in Gryffindor and in different years than her. That would mean they would have to talk in the hallways, or make special exceptions to talk in the great hall. Kind of like what was happening right now.

She knew that she made it work with Fred and George, but they were in the same year as her and something about staying friends and in contact kind of clicked. Something was keeping them together.

Lucas Blanchard was someone special in Hogwarts. He loved to fool around and bug teachers in classes, yet always seemed to get good marks. Every girl would faint when he breathed. He was a guy every guy wanted to be friends with, or every girl wanted to date. Elanora really couldn't see why though, since he was kind of a moron. And by kind of, she meant undeniably. He was undeniably a moron.

"Has your owl gotten here yet?"

While his voice was calm and collected, his fists at his sides, which were clenching and unclenching, gave his worrying away. Elanora wasn't really stupid, after all.