| 07. FEATHERS AND POGO STICKS

⋆♛❁❂—————————————❂❁♛⋆

Chapter Seven; Feathers and Pogo Sticks

SURE, when everyone started to file out of the great hall and were about to begin to waltz off to their first period classes, it was just another first day at Hogwarts, with the same people and the same surroundings. It was what everyone was used to. Another year and different lessons, sure, but other than that, it was normal. Just a normal, refreshing beginning of the year.

That was for everyone except one certain Slytherin who honestly didn't agree. At least this one year. The year before, and then the year before that, and then the year before that, and then the year before that, she had always had the same exact thought. She did agree with it then, feeling as if although everyone was slightly older, they were just coming back to the same school with the same friends. And honestly, she didn't mind that.

Although, when it came to this year, when everyone from different houses were pushing to get to their first class (aside from a couple of students who stepped aside from the rush to chat for a bit), Elanora didn't feel the same. She didn't exactly have the same friends, and from the previous events of her fourth year, she felt as though that made the entire school seem different. She imagined how different she was when she walked into the doors of Hogwarts the year before.

Elanora didn't feel that refreshed, and she certainly didn't feel any déjà vu. She honestly didn't know what she felt. More or less, she felt unconnected and separated from the world. Everything was moving around her while her feet were planted on the ground, forcing her to watch.

She hated the change, but it was useless to avoid it. She couldn't go to Hogwarts for the rest of her life, right?

Elanora and her Slytherin friends smushed into a group as they tried to make their way out of the great hall, not speaking aside from a few side conversations between only two participants, since they knew that a group discussion would be deeply in vain through how loud everyone was talking as they stepped into the corridor outside of the great hall. Elanora glanced down at her timetable, hand shaking slightly for a reason she didn't know.

Charms

Elanora gave a quick intake of breath, trying to collect her nerves. She didn't know why she was being so dramatic about it—it was just another Charms class that most likely only consisted of Ravenclaws. She was sure that she had nothing against them, other than a few know it alls, which she didn't really even mind. There were, after all, plenty of know it alls in Slytherin too.

Elanora heaved a big sigh, clutched the handle to her leather back tighter, and trekked along with her Slytherin friends to Charms, starting her day.

"Well that was particularly boring, wasn't it?" Lauren said as they walked out of Transfiguration. "I swear, McGonagall gets more boring and more boring every year."