Ned Stark x Wife!Reader

A/N: In this imagine, the reader will be taking the place of Cat, whom I adore very much, but in order for this to work, we must forget she ever existed and pretend that you, the reader, have been wife to Eddard Stark for those years in place of her.

A/N: P.S. Also, this takes place at the end of season 1, so obviously *spoiler alert*

A/N: P.S.S Ned is alive because he didn't really die, it was editing trickery which made it look like he got chopped- and the head, you may ask. Well, have you seen season six of the Walking Dead? Because if you haven't, you should! But anyway, they are supposed to be taking this bloke's head to some other bloke in order to get some of their blokes back from bloke 2. So, they find zombies that look like bloke 1 and take their heads and even break one's nose (and if you look closely, one of the heads is actually a cast of Johnny Depp's! #funfactswithLiz) and take the zombie head to bloke 2... Anyway the point of that was somewhere in Westeros, there was a person that looked suspiciously like Ned Stark, it was his head instead! Or maybe that bloke was mistaken for Ned..? Shut up, Liz, start writing! Okay, Liz!

You had left Robb and his army to fight against Jaime Lannister's men... You didn't fight in the field, you were a diplomatic, noblewoman, and so, you turned your back on the war, and instead, rode for the Capital, alone with one mission in mind.

Word of your husband's trial had reached you via a raven yesterday, immediately, you had put your wheels into motion and gathered up your most trusted allies. You also sought help from one person whom you didn't particularly trust, but it was necessary to include them... You'd deal with them once their job was completed.

When you arrived just outside the city walls, you were met by an old friend of yours... Well, not a friend exactly- you disliked him very much, but you knew you could manipulate him into doing what you wanted, and at the end of this, he would be killed for betraying your husband. The man was Petyr Baelish. The fool in this situation.

He lead you into the Capital, with a light-coloured cloak draped over your head, hiding your face. Any passersby would just think you were one of his whores; you grimaced at the thought.

You met with several men in a back room of his brothel; men who were loyal to the Starks. Men who were willing to fight to defend your honour.

You knew that Jaime Lannister was out of the city, marching North and that he had taken several thousand men with him- his father had also marched North, taking another several thousand men with him... And so, the King's National Guard was strong, perhaps unbeatable (you hoped for Robb's sake that you were wrong, but hopefully, this would be over before you could find out) but his City Guard was weak.

The men in the room were soldiers and hired killers, mercenaries and knights, poison doctors and two women in the corner you hadn't noticed before, dressed as whores, but you had an inkling that their looks deceived you. All of the people in that room were loyal to the Stark family name, all of them willing to fight and possibly die in defending your husband's honour, all of them willing to kill to bring him home.

You also knew that the one person in the room that wasn't loyal to your husband would have to die long before your plans were revealed, before he sided, once again, with the Lannisters. He had served your purpose and smuggled you and your men into the city.
It was time for him to go.

"Thank you for escorting me here, Petyr," you smiled sweetly.

He approached you, as if he were an ugly child being called handsome, beaming to see that he had pleased you. "It was the least that I could do (f/n)."

You nodded, your smile fading. "The least you could do after you betrayed my husband's trust, you mean?"

He began to stutter, his eyes widening. He stepped backwards, only to find that his path was blocked by two heavily armoured knights. You turned to a trusted soldier that had ridden a few days before you from Winterfell, palm open in front of him. In your hand, he placed a dagger that you'd entrusted to him; the very dagger that was used by the assassin in the attempt on Brann's life.