Sandor Clegane X Queen!Reader

A/N: This took me soooooo long to write, I was just never happy with it and kept changing it 😂 it was originally supposed to be more than one part, but I thought meh, why drag it out?

Enjoy 😘x

You stood, in your favourite place, just gazing at the beautiful view below.

The balcony of your bedroom was your favourite place to be. When you looked out, you had a view of the bay, your armada, and the sea. You could also see a little of your city, and the bustling activity that was happening down there.

You could spot your guards, and their wine-coloured cloaks and capes, the glint of their polished armour. Some wore silver, some wore gold... Some even wore black. You liked them to be able to choose their own armour, have it fitted individually, funded by the crown. The more pride they had in their armour and weaponry, the more pride they had in you.

The only thing they all wore the same of, were the wine-coloured capes, sporting your house sigil, the horned ram, which adorned their breast plates, and their shields, too.

Your guards patrolled your city, ensuring the smooth-running of day-to-day business, and to monitor and maintain the behaviour of the general population.

They worked well, everything in the city seemed to be in order. Crime rates were incredibly low, less things being stolen, less being murdered, less general misbehaviour. You had learned, the public only misbehaved when they were unhappy. You did your best to keep them happy.

You could control anything you wanted to, from your favourite spot on your balcony, overlooking the city and your precious ships... Yet, you didn't seem to have control over your own life.

You were due to be married only a moon later, to a Lord's son, who used to squire for your brother, when he was alive.

You didn't want to marry him... You had fought, shed blood, sweat and tears to get where you were, to be able to stand on your balcony and watch your city, to have your castle, and your guards, and your armada... If you married him, they would be his. His castle, his guards and his armada. Thats why his Father wanted him to marry you, he was power hungry... However, the power was yours, and you would not share it with them.

You wouldn't mind sharing your title, of course, if it was with someone who didn't want you for the power, for the fame or the greed... You just wanted someone who wanted you, for you.

There was a knock at your chamber door. It opened not a moment later, the Hound stepped in.

"My Queen," he nodded to you. You nodded back, smiling.

Thats right.

The Queen of the Seven Kingdoms, wasnt even allowed to pick who she could marry, yet she could declare war on every other house in the Seven Kingdoms?

It seemed a little strange to you.

Apparently, the Queen must form alliances. You disagreed with this whole idea... You could make powerful alliances, without the need for marriage, and offering yourself up on a platter for a man.

You pushed the thoughts to the back of your mind, happy to see your friend again.

"Sandor," you greeted, warmly. "Are you well?"

He gently closed the door behind him.

"I'm not too bad," he bowed his head, in thanks, you waved it away, stepping over to the small table, at the foot of your large bed, pouring you both a large glass of wine.

He'd been out all morning, running errands with Bronn, rounding up abusers, rapists and murderers for execution.

Your city was much safer than it had been before you took it, because you took crime seriously. You made an example of the criminals in the city, it didn't take long before people were too scared to commit crimes. There were only a few crimes happening, but they would soon be dealt with.