Sandor Clegane X Mage!Reader

A/N: This is a completely made up story, but I have been playing a lot of fantasy games recently, which in turn, inspired this. Sorry for typos, I always upload around 3am and am too tired to go editing at that point 😂 enjoy!♥

Clegane stood, oddly peacefully, staring over the city he was about to ride into.

His brother, he was inside the city, inside the Keep... The Hound had to kill him. He knew it was the only way, to be rid of his nightmares, to be free of his fear of flames.

He knew the city would be swarming with guards, he knew he would most likely not make it to the keep.. He knew he had to try.

Without another thought, he kicked Stranger on, into a strong and purposeful gallop through the city gates.

He drew his sword, grunting as he took his first swing.

...

Bodies littered the street, as Clegane cut his way through the guards. He was tiring, there were a hundred of them, and only one of him. He didn't let that deter him, he swung at another one, knocking him down.

They rushed from all corners of the city, to stand on the grand steps to the Keep, surrounding Clegane as he slowed. He was not in the shape he was in when he was younger. He was no longer a fit, fighting man, like all of the guards he was up against.

He was boxed in, they had him enclosed.

This is it.

He screamed as he went to take his last, damaging swing.

Thats when he noticed you.

A slight thing, only short. Everything about you was soft. You were a true beauty. A harmless and innocent city dweller.

You drew something from under your cloak... A walking stick?

Without warning, you threw your arm up into the air, the light was blinding, the sound terrible, the force relentless.

The Kingsguard were thrown far and wide, slamming up against buildings and sliding along the cobbles.

Clegane was the last man standing.

His chest heaving, he braced himself, holding his sword out, wary of you. Friend or foe?

You tapped your staff back on the ground, the glow faded.

You stood, bold as brass, in front of him, hair flowing down your back, cloak falling in beautiful waves, covering up the last few steps behind you. You wore a band around your forehead, coming to a point between your eyebrows... Adorned with moonstones and crystals.

Who were you?

"You're here for the Mountain?" Your voice was soft and smooth.

Clegane's breathing was still heavy, worn out from fighting. He simply nodded.

His armour was rusting, he had not had it cleaned in a long time, which meant he had not served anyone for a long time... Of course, you knew that. You had been following him for some time, waiting for this moment.

"Gregor Clegane is responsible for the capture and destruction of the College's research equipment, he took something very important, or at least knows where it is."

He scoffed, "and you want me to help you?"

You remained calm, almost stoic. "Ser Clegane, I do not require your help, although, if you should wish to accompany me, to see your brother and carry out your business, you are more than welcome," you stated.