Sandor Clegane X Reader (3/3)

"Look," Sandor raised his parm to point at a large, rocky formation with a gap straight through the middle. "The cliffs of the Vale."

You took in a deep breath, preparing yourself.

You could not wait to be reunited with your little sisters again! You were less looking forward to seeing Aunt Lysa... Apparently she was a complete fruitcake.

Butterflies erupted in your stomach at the thought of seeing Arya and Sansa alive... You honestly never thought that you would.

Though, those butterflies soon stilled when the gentleman upon whom you were sitting shifted as Stranger continued to walk excitedly towards the Eyrie.

The butterflies stilled as something dawned upon you; this was to be your last ride with Sandor.

You had spent every day and every night with him for the last few moons, and that was something you did not want to change... But you knew it was inevitable.

"I will miss you," you admitted quietly, so quiet in fact, he almost missed it.

Clegane was not one to openly voice his feelings, and you didn't expect him to. He gathered the reigns a little tighter as he prepared to gallop Stranger towards the Bloody Gate.

"I'll miss you too."

...

"Can we make the bad man fly?" Robin gazed up at his Mother.

"No!" You shouted at the delicate little brat. Tears shone in his eyes.

The Elders, Aunt Lysa, Robin and her guards were in the Throne Room with you and Sandor, judging whether or not to execute the 'Lannister Dog.'

Lysa Arryn glared at you, shocked that you had dared speak to her son that way.

"Aunt Lysa, please," you begged the fruitcake of a woman. "The Lannisters were holding me prisoner in King's Landing... If it were not for Sandor Clegane, I would not have escaped! Hells, I would not even be alive if it were not for him!" You would do anything to defend the man stood to your left in front of the Moon Door. The Elders were considering your plea, their expressions softening. "I had nowhere to go, no idea where my family were, he took me from the City in the night, he fed me, protected me and brought me to the Eyrie... And for what?"

Aunt Lysa stilled, waiting for you to continue.

"For him to be executed? For him to be thrown from the Moon Door? And all because he decided to rescue me..."

There were murmurs amongst the Elders, discussing something that you couldn't quite hear.

"Aunt Lysa, he is no longer loyal to the Lannister family... He was loyal to Robert Baratheon, not Joffrey Lannister."

Your hands were trembling, knees too. You knew that all of your hopes rested with the Elders, who were less headstrong than Lysa.

A silver-haired man stepped forward from amongst the Elders. "And where do your loyalties lie?" He asked Sandor, intently.

Sandor glanced down at you, he hated to see you nervous. You were always nervous at King's Landing; wondering who would be lurking around the next corridor of the Red Keep, wondering if Cersei had poisoned your wine, wondering who Joffrey was going to torture on that day. Clegane always told himself that he would keep you safe, and there would be no need for you to feel anxious again.