Sandor Clegane X Reader (1/2)

"Seven Hells, it is hot," you gasped as you attempted to wriggle around in your light armour.

The Hound hummed in agreement, it was indeed hot. "We should stop for a while," he said, wiping the sweat from his brow. "Give the horses a rest."

You nodded, dying to get off. You were so hot and sweaty, all you wanted to do was throw yourself on the floor and not move.

You walked a little further, just off the path, into a shady, wooded area. The horses needed some water, and some nice, cool shelter to lie in.

Clegane was the first to jump off, removing all of Stranger's tack quickly and setting it on the floor. You then slid from Tilly's back, before you could begin to undo her saddle, the Hound was doing it for you.

You smiled at him, he put your tack next to Stranger's.

You were unbearably sweaty. You looked out into the woods, following the little stream with your eyes.

The little stream, however, quickly turned into a large river.

You were so excited.

Whilst Clegane busied himself with using the rope he had brought along to make a little pen for the horses, you jogged down to the stream, where the horses had just finished drinking.

You held onto their manes to walk them back up the bank, and into the makeshift pen. There was plenty of grass for them to occupy themselves with eating.

Clegane turned his back on you for only a moment, whilst he tied up the final gap in the horse pen.

When he turned back around, to say something to you, you were gone.

He instantly stood up straight, looking for you, ever so slightly startled by your sudden disappearance. The wooded area you were in was so peaceful and quiet... He didn't get the gut feeling that something was wrong...

He heard a small splash.

He took a deep breath in, rolling his eyes before he stomped his way down the bank, to the edge of the river.

Your head popped up, from just under the rippling surface of the river.

He wanted so desperately to laugh, he just found everything you did so amusing. He fought his urge to laugh, attempting to appear un-amused.

"What in Seven Hells are you doing?" He squinted at you, the blazing sun reflecting off the water momentarily blinded him.

You could have sighed, the cool water felt so lovely. It was like a cool, refreshing embrace, hiding you from the blistering sun.

"I was too hot," you stated, clearly enjoying paddling around in the water.

He smirked a little. "So you thought you'd just... Swim?" Even after the many moons you'd travelled together, you did still manage to surprise him.

You nodded, smiling cheerfully at him, evidenty over the moon with your decision.

Over the moon... You loved that phrase.

You'd once heard that the moon was a dragon egg. Your Father told you that the moon was a giant chicken egg when you were small, because you were frightened of dragons. You liked that story more, even now you were grown.

Sandor remained at the waters edge, just staring at you, as though you were strange.

He just gazed at you, questioning what decisions he'd made in his life to end up here, staring at you, splashing about in a river in the middle of the day... He was actually surprised you could swim, not many people could, or had reason to.