Sandor Clegane X Stark!Reader (2/2)

Greywater's guards stood, watching from the towers of the Fort for the night, and would wake everyone at the sight of the carriage.

Although, they did not. The carriage did not arrive, it was further down the King's Road than you thought.

You usually rose with the sun in a morning, as the warm glow filtered through the trees around you. However, dawn did not seem to break on this particular morning. The clouds and the fog had not lifted, allowing no sunlight through.

You awoke to a rapping upon the wooden door. You shook your head and rubbed your face on something soft. You felt awful groggy, although, you often did when you were startled awake.

The door opened with an almost silent creak. "Breakfast is in the Hall, my lady." It was one of the ladies who had served dinner the previous evening. You smiled and nodded. As soon as she left, you lay back down where you had slept. You knew going back to sleep would make you feel worse, and yet, the urge was still there.

You couldn't allow yourself to do it. You lifted a hand to properly rub your face, pinching a cheek to ensure you were awake. You opened your eyes fully. Sandor was fast asleep on the fur throw. His shirt was slightly rumpled where you had rubbed your face on it.

Suddenly the whole situation surprised you a little. The whole sleeping next to the Hound situation. It didn't surprise you that you woke up next to him, that was normal. The normality surprised you. How had this become normal?

You heard heavy steps and a faint clinking in the corridor. You knew it was Brienne heading for breakfast. You decided it was probably best to wake Clegane.

...

You had just sat down at the dining table (Sandor had of course, decided upon chicken for breakfast) when a guard burst into the hall.

"A carriage is approaching," he breathed.

Your heart pounded. This was the moment you'd been waiting for.

Lord Reed entered the Hall, armour clad. He nodded to you, you nodded back.

"Lads, arm yourselves!" He bellowed to all of his men.

"Quickly," you added. "Get behind those logs before they have the chance to see you!"

The Greywater Guards did as you instructed, running out to take their positions, green shields on one arm, swords in the other. Some of them disappeared around to the yard, to mount their horses. You needed to be able to block them into the bottleneck.

You knew Baelish had to die, the sellswords accompanying him would fight for him, however, a lot of them would probably decide that he wasn't paying them enough to risk their lives. Whatever happened, you knew the Lords of the Vale would side with you over this matter

The carriage rolled closer as you and Sandor bent down behind the large tree trunks. Brienne and Pod were on the other side.

You could hear the wheels rolling along the stones of the King's Road. You glanced at Sandor, he nodded. He was with you no matter what.

You drew your little Squire's sword (which you'd stolen, naturally) and gripped the little red handle tightly.

You heard horses walking next to you, they were in between the logs. Out of the trees to the side of you cantered the mounted Greywater guards, blocking the path of the riders. As quickly as you could, you threw yourself over the logs, ripped open the door and dragged Baelish out. You were so quick, nobody even noticed you move until you'd thrown the sorry looking man on the floor. Your Hound was quick to grab him, the sellswords had their swords drawn, however, upon seeing that they were up against the entire of House Reed, did not seem to be protesting much at all.