t w o | morning

a few things i forgot to mention:

this story is only INSPIRED by chewing gum, so scenes in the mv like them all sharing bunk beds and a room may not be in this story, along with some other details.

🕸

❝ rise and shine, park jisung! ❞

the sound of donghyuck's voice made jisung groan whilst the others practically slapped him awake. and right before he got back to his senses, jeno managed to drag the box out from under his bed and onto the table in his room.

rubbing his eyes and following to where the others were, jisung stood beside mark. you could say he felt safest with mark and somehow trusted him the most.

" jisung, you should try one first, " donghyuck said, handing him two pieces, one for him and the other for mark.

but just as mark reached out for a piece himself, jisung pulled him back by the hem of his shirt and shook his head.

" don't eat it, hyung, " he said in a hushed tone, taking both pieces from donghyuck whilst doing so.

" why? " mark replied, voice filled with concern. something was off about him. " is something wrong? "

jisung glanced at the other boys with eyes of uncertainty, who were too caught up in their conversations than to pay attention to his suspicious behavior. he then grabbed mark by the wrist and dragged him further away from the room.

" i don't think the gum is...gum, hyung. "

" what do you mean? "

jisung sucked in a breath, avoiding mark's eyes as he replied, " i ate a piece yesterday night, hyung, and— "

" you did, what? "

" —i kind of went dizzy and might've...fainted till morning, hyung. "

his sentence cause mark to widen his eyes in shock. no wonder mister always hid it from them, because it wasn't some ordinary thing!

" hyung... "

jisung tugged mark's sleeve again, his other hand clenching onto the gum tightly. he averted mark's attention towards the five boys, and found each other staring at five of their zoned-out selves. upon taking a few steps closer, mark realized that their eyes didn't move at all, no matter how hard he tried distracting them.

" what happened to them? "

" i... let's just go, hyung. " jisung pointed to the alarm clock by his bed. " mister wants us soon. "

if there was one thing that changed about mark in the nine years, it was his ability to detect lies. jisung was a very easy one to crack; his eyes would dart everywhere as he lied.

yet, mark brushed the thought away and led the six boys to the dining room to have their breakfast. but little did he know, that right behind him, jisung popped both pieces into his mouth and chomped down.

🕸

so no, they didn't eat nine year old gum lmao.