e l e v e n | jisung

short chapter bc i was busy today.

🕸

❝ looking for these? ❞

" h-how did you— "

jeno's words were cut off by a sudden chuckle from the caretaker. it sounded like the most bitter and humorless laugh anyone could've let out.

it made the two anticipate his next words. but there were none related to the gum in his hand.

" breakfast's ready, " he said out of the blue.

he then shoved the packet into his pants pocket before patting the head of someone behind him. mark furrowed his eyebrows in confusion; he didn't notice anyone behind him before.

and just as he met eyes with the caretaker again, he saw the corner of his lips tug upwards.

" let's go, jisung. "

silence filled the room the moment the caretaker and who-was-presumed-to-be jisung left the room, with both mark and jeno too stunned to even speak.

" j-jisung? "

it was jeno who broke it in the end, a few moments later, his voice shaking more than ever.

" what's...jisung doing with m-mister, hyung? "

" i don't know, " mark replied with a sigh, eyeing jeno with a determined look.

there was something in him that wanted to help jeno get back home, ever since he talked about it, ever since the two had their own flashbacks. since then, mark thought that just because his dream of a perfect family wasn't possible for him, doesn't mean he had to crush another's.

" i guess we'll have to find out. "