e i g h t e e n | laughter

i honestly creeped myself out writing this hahahahahahah. hah. haaaaa .

🕸

❝ jeno, i found it. ❞

at mark's statement, jeno immediately rushed to where he was. the two woke up an hour before the rest (not that mark got any sleep after what had happened) too look for the cassette, the roll of film, the cd, or whatever the film was documented on.

" but i think you'll want to see what else is in this. "

turns out, it was a file on the caretaker's computer, hidden in the midst of folder after folder after folder, named 'mark'. the crazy thing was, it wasn't the only file in that folder, and his wasn't the only film.

jeno's eyes widened when he located his name, right beside mark's. it was followed by jaemin, renjun, chenle, donghyuck, and finally, jisung. the order of the names got mark thinking, because it seemed that maybe, the remaining three weren't so innocent after all.

maybe they were already trapped; they just weren't brainwashed to recall, or controlled to do anything yet.

jeno glanced at the clock. " hyung, we need to leave in three minutes. "

" how do you— "

" mister always wakes up seven minutes before breakfast, " jeno said, and then realizing the statement probably made him seem like an idiot.

" i don't know how... he just does, okay? i noticed a few days ago, so just hurry, please. "

mark nodded, despite how ridiculous it sounded, but he couldn't really argue with what jeno said. he fished out his usb and plugged it into the laptop, dragging the whole folder of seven films into it. and they were out with a few seconds to spare.

joining the other five boys in the speed of light, they gulped their breakfast down just as quickly, and dashed up the mark's room.

and the moment mark clicked on his own file, followed by jeno's, jaemin's and so on, all the way to jisung's, the more confused the two of them got. because mark's was on his birthday, and the rest were one day behind the one in front of them. each of them were abandoned by their families.

but when he clicked on jisung's, there was no date, no video, no light. just a plain black image for almost the entire video. but right when it was about to end, laughter resounded in it.

the laughter of a bright, happy child.