t w e n t y - o n e | voice

LEE JENO! ❞

jeno's eyes widened. mark's voice thundered across the room and caused him to shake slightly. mark had never shouted at him before, and it was way scarier than he had imagined it would be.

he probably thought he was unwanted at that point of time, and so he decided to leave mark alone. it was the only thing he could do, as every little movement could trigger him to explode.

jeno locked himself in his room, a gentle click of the door, and pounced onto his bed. he shouldn't be mad at mark, he couldn't be.

he wasn't.

in that moment, mark launched himself on his own bed, burying his face in his pillow and screaming into it. nothing was working out for him that day, and it was getting on his nerves for once.

he felt discontent. he wanted to punch something. he was...mad. not at jeno, not at the caretaker, not at the stupid flashbacks that made him all confused, no, he was mad at himself for making everything go wrong.

okay, okay. calm down, mark, he reasoned to himself. it's just a bad day. it'll work out soon.

he tried to calm his breathing, little by little, inhaling large breaths and slowly letting it out. he let his eyelids fall shut under the pillow, and let himself seep into the darkness.

he stayed as still as possible, getting sleepy in the process. he kicked the air around to keep himself awake. and soon enough, engulfed in the darkness, he could hear his mother's voice in his head.

" you're such a brave boy, mark... now go and fight the world. "