t w e l v e | scream

im still pissed with wattpad but. hello, donghyuck stans.

🕸

❝ donghyuck? ❞

at the sound of the caretaker's voice, mark and jeno stopped all movements at the dining table, their hold on the utensils loosened and all they could do was to wait for his next words.

" can i see you for a minute? "

it's happening, mark thought, shooting jeno a knowing glance, in which he returned with a slight nod.

it's happening.

the two had their eyes trained on donghyuck, as he stood up from his chair and followed the caretaker without a single suspicion.

as mark glanced around the table, he noticed that him and jeno are the only two thinking there was something wrong. save for jisung, who made it obvious he knew something when his eyes darted across the room as he chewed on his sandwich. jeno seemed to notice it too.

" should we follow them? " jeno whispered so only mark was able to hear, since they were only seated across from each other.

mark eyed him and pressed his lips into a thin line. he shrugged; he couldn't think at that moment.

but he couldn't just let anything happen to donghyuck, either. and just when he was about to stand up, the scraping of a chair across the floor could be heard, followed by jisung who suddenly stood up instead. he looked lifeless, to say the least, as the two practically burned their eyes on the back of his head, studying him.

mark and jeno followed behind as silently as they could, with the remaining three too caught up in their conversation to notice them gone. the two could hear their laughter echoing through the hallway as they approached the all-too-familiar room at the far end.

and by the way jisung continued walking on, it was only natural they thought they managed to stalk him down without getting noticed. but of course, they were dead wrong. though, it was only when he lifted his hand up to knock on the door, that the two realized it.

" jeno hyung? "

jeno had never thought he'd be afraid of a fourteen year-old, considering he was older than him, he was practically already an adult in some aspects of mind, but he was terrified. and jisung knew.

the younger boy averted his intense gaze towards mark, tilting his head towards the side and letting a smile seep through.

" mark hyung? "

mark could only hold his breath and stare at the boy. there was a strange feeling erupting in his stomach that made him want to throw up all his breakfast. the only thought he had in the midst of thick silence was:

this wasn't jisung.

jisung wouldn't do something like this. he was a child that grew up well. he was the one he adored the most. and he put all his trust on him, that the jisung that just spoke, wasn't jisung at all.

he needed to help him become himself again. before it was too late.

and through all this, jisung kept his eyes on mark, anticipating him to crash through the door, or scream in his face. but right at the moment mark's eyes met his, shattering could he heard from the room behind the door, followed by a scream, and a wicked laugh.

" donghyuck! "

it was jeno who shouted, as he immediately started banging on the door and twisting the locked doorknob.

another smash.

and jeno noticed jisung's eye twitching a little as he heard it. he took a step back; his hands were shaking hard.

" hyung? " he tried calling out to mark, but he seemed to have shut the world out.

" hyung! "

and that was the last thing mark heard, before everything turned dead silent, with him collapsing onto the ground.