s e v e n | family

omg 600+ reads u all are amazing people ily

oh and pls check out my new Jeno ff! its entitled Heliophilia and i made him a vamp ;)

🕸

❝ what brings you here, mark? ❞

the caretaker had his eyes glued to his laptop screen, and mark wondered how he knew it was him just by the sound of his footsteps. he hadn't even said a word.

" i wanted to know what you've done to the kids, sir. "

that made the caretaker stare up at him, and gestured for mark to take a seat on the cushion beside him.

" what kids? "

mark sucked in a breath. he might as well be paying a visit to Satan instead.

" jisung and jeno, sir. what— what have you done to them? "

the caretaker let out a scoff. " what makes you think that...i did something to them? "

" they seemed off after you talked to them, sir. "

the caretaker folded his fingers across one another and leaned in with interest. mark was anticipating a reply, an answer to how to bring jisung and jeno back to normal, but of course, nothing came easy.

and instead of even uttering a word, the caretaker took out a box, and handed a piece of gum to mark. he studied it suspiciously before the caretaker placed it back into the box due to lack of reaction.

" tell me, mark, " he finally spoke afterwards, meeting eyes with him in an intense hold. mark had to curl up his hands to stop them from shaking.

" do you miss your family? "

his words knocked out all sense in mark, as he stared up at the caretaker in disbelief. he didn't know why, but something about his words made anger build up inside him.

" what are you talking about? "

the caretaker chuckled as a reply. the word 'family', was something of weakness to mark, because his thoughts about it led on to betrayal, and a cold night wrapped around a thin blanket.

he wanted to leave the room.

" family, mark. you had the most complete one, of all the seven children here. your mother, father, loved you to death— "

mark stood up abruptly and threw a punch in the caretaker's face. it was out of impulse, an action faster than thinking. and usually people regret those unthoughtful actions, but mark finally felt at ease.

the ends of his lips tugged upwards in a smile, and after what seemed like forever since the last time he did it, he laughed.

" loved me to death? loved me to death? "

the caretaker stared at mark in utter shock, too speechless to even process what he had just said. but there was a hint of a smile under that foreign façade, and it irritated mark even more.

" if they loved me to death, why did they—? "

" mark, i need you to leave. "

but mark didn't listen. " why did they throw me out all alone, in one of the coldest winter nights, sir? "

the caretaker led mark out the door, though it took much strength as he didn't want to budge at all. when they finally reached the door, the caretaker let a grim smile spread across his face.

" they loved you, mark. and all of those memories you have... they're all fake. "

mark furrowed his eyebrows and, for the first time, stayed silent.

" they weren't the ones who left you, mark. you were the one that made them leave. "

and as he tried to understand the caretaker's impossible words, he lifted up mark's hand and placed a piece of gum in his hand.

" eat it, if you don't believe me. "

and those were the last words he heard, before the door slammed in his face.