KSimon- Children

Simon and JJ had been together for 6 years already and had been married for two they had never spoken about having a family of their own but at 27 years old he was beginning to want his own especially since their friends were beginning to start their own- Josh and Vik had a two year old and a second child was on the way. Simon wanted that, the little person to look after and teach and play with. He'd been helping Josh and Vik a lot, popping to their house whenever he could and babysitting at least once a week but it wasn't the same.
JJ had never struck Simon as the type to want children, he seemed to like the freedom of life without them and while he didn't mind James(Josh and Vik's son) he definitely didn't take naturally to his existence. That was why Simon was yet to speak to JJ about the issue, he knew he needed to though, he couldn't wait forever hoping JJ would bring it up eventually.
Needing advice Simon rang Vik.
"Hey Vik"
"Hi Simon what's up?"
"I need some advice, you and Josh well your future addition to your family and James of course got me thinking"
"About having kids of your own"
"I really want kids Vik."
"Go for it Simon you're amazing with James. Sometimes he likes you better than me and Josh"
"That's because I'm cooler than you  two" Simon sighed "look Vik I don't know how to talk to JJ about it, he hasn't gotten in too well with kids in the past, he's doing better with James but I don't think he'll ever want kids of his own"
"Simon you need to talk to him. It will be best for everyone"
"How though Vik, he'll probably just end the conversation straight away if I ask him about it"
"Simon JJ loves you, he'll hear you out at the very least" Vik told Simon seriously. A bang echoed across Vik's house after he finished speaking. "Oh shit, look I have to go Simon James had knocked something over again. Talk to him okay and call me later" Vik said before ending the call.
Simon took a deep breath and counted to 16 before picking himself up off of the bed he shared with JJ and straightening his clothes. Before he had finished there was a gentle knock on the bedroom door and JJ slipped into the room.
"Oh hey JJ I thought you were making a video" Simon greeted him trying to act normal.
"I finished it" JJ paused for a second. "Look Simon I think we need to talk"
"What do you mean?" Simon asked nervously.
"I heard you on the phone with Vik" JJ admitted sheepishly "I didn't mean to eavesdrop so sorry about that."
"JJ I-"
"Simon let me talk alright I think you need to know how I feel about it" JJ said and Simon nodded. "Alright so you know I'm not great with kids, that's kind of obvious but I'm doing better. I'd known you've wanted kids ever since Josh and Vik announced they were expecting god you looked so jealous and I couldn't forgive myself if I stopped you from having something you so dearly wanted."
"Please don't leave me JJ, we don't have to have kids, I love you" Simon interrupted frantically.
"I'm not leaving you. I just wanted to say I've been learning a lot. And I thought long and hard about what was the best option. And I realised I actually kinda like kids being around. And I came to the conclusion that of course I want kids one day. I couldn't stop you from getting what you need and besides who wouldn't want little baby Simon and JJ's running around. I can't promise I will be the best father ever but I can promise I will always try my best to be the best father I can be"
"Oh my god JJ are you serious"
"Of course Simon"
"I love you, I love you, I love you" Simon said between kisses on JJ face.
A thousand reads? That's crazy. Thank you :)
I'm trying to write as much as I can now because once term starts I will have year 13 work and actual work so I won't have much time to write.