Minizerk- The Lucky One

Not sure about this one
I'm not particularly inspired right now so let me know if there's anything you want
Also personal statements are evil
Simon Minter was a household name, he was wildly successful, talented and handsome. He had always been on that path, he had left his home in London at 16 to find his big break and by 22 had by far exceeded every expectation of him. His life was a picture perfect dream, beautiful cars, expensive hotels a beautiful girlfriend. He seemed to have everything you could wish for.

Except he didn't, his girlfriend was a publicity stunt for his latest movie and everything he did or had done was fair game for journalists to use against him.

Yet still everyone thought Simon was living the dream. For Simon the shining lights of stardom seemed dull and lacklustre. He missed home, he missed his friends, his family. So before his 24th birthday he left, and came home.

Josh had known Simon for almost his entire life, having been born just a few days before in the same hospital. They grew up together and when Simon left the only one who had known was Josh. When Simon came back the only person he didn't know how to face was Josh. Josh had been endlessly supportive of Simon, he had followed Simons career in the years he was gone and texted him congratulations every time something went well, even when Simon hadn't replied in years.

Simon hadn't been ignoring Josh, he just didn't know what to say or how to say it. Simon missed his best friend, he just wasn't eloquent enough to express it.

"Simon?" A voice asked sounding deeply confused.

Simon bit his lip harshly slowly turning to face the owner of the voice. "Josh" he replied softly, the name felt so familiar falling out of his lips.

"I thought you were in LA" Josh asked with a hint of bitterness.

"I'm home for good now"

"You still see this place as home" Josh said incredulously.

"Course I do. It's the only home I've known." They stood in silence for a moment before Simon continued. "I'm sorry I never visited"

"It's cool. You had better things"

"No, I didn't. I should never have put all that rubbish before my family, before my friends, before you Josh" Simon sighed. "I've missed you Josh"

"I've missed you too Moné."

"How are you and Freya doing?"

"Ah we broke up. We just wanted different things"

"I'm sorry to hear that"

"Don't be it was a few years ago"

"I want to make it up to you" Simon told Josh suddenly.

"Freya?" Josh said confused

"No, leaving, leaving and not coming back" Simon corrects

"Don't bother, I'm over it"

"Don't care, I'm making up for lost time. Do you want to go to our spot"

Josh chuckled sadly. "They built houses there"

"Well fuck" Simon thought for a moment "how about some food"

"I wouldn't mind Chinese" Josh agreed.

-------

"Why did you never reply?"
Josh asked once hey finished eating.

"I was scared" Simon said softly looking down to avoid Josh's gaze.

"Of what you thought of me. I just left you, I never even said goodbye"

"I didn't care, I knew a goodbye would be hard for you, I didn't expect it"

"You're too good Joshy"

"I'm aware" Josh said cheekily. "Joe come on. What else is bothering you"

"How did you know?" Simon asked.

Josh rolled his eyes "I know you Simon"

Simon bit his lip harshly and as his eyes met Josh's he blurted out what he had been trying to hide from Josh. "IloveyouJosh"

Josh stared at Simon wide eyed.

"Please say something" Simon whimpered breaking the silence.

"I love you too" Josh replied eventually. "Even though you can be a bit silly sometimes"