Chapter 24: I'm Sorry

~Harry's POV~

Ben walked up to us, his bow in his hand.

He stretched out his arms, smirking at us.

"Welcome to the falls. Personally I didn't think you would've made it this far."

"Why Ben?" Giselle asked

"I have my reasons." He said

"Like what?"

"The Gods have been in power too long. They need to be stopped. Have you ever wondered, why they didn't care? Well, they don't care about us. Us little worthless demigods. Creations of their own making. They don't love us. I want to finish what Luke didn't." he said the last line looking directly at Giselle

I looked over to her to see her pale like she saw a ghost.

"Why do you think like this?" Ceci asked "Our parents aren't terrible. They're just..."

"Just what?" Ben snarled

"Busy." Niall butted in

Ben rolled his eyes and looked at Giselle. "So sister what did Luke fight for before he died."

We all turned to look at Giselle who was glaring at Ben.

"Don't you dare bring any of them into this." She said

"Whatever. But well, I guess this is where it ends sister, brother." He looked at Giselle and Zayn. "This is where you can choose. Join me, and bring glory to the children of Apollo or suffer the consequences."

"You should know my answer Ben. I would rather die than help you." Giselle snarled, drawing her bow along with Zayn

"As would I." Zayn said

"Well that's really too bad. Because now, I have to kill you, and none of your friends will be able to stop me."

Suddenly, a wall of water wrapped around us. Niall touched it, and he was electrocuted, and shot back several feet.

"Niall!" Ceci said rushing to him

I guess all we get to do now, is wait.

~Zayn's POV~

Giselle and I walked forward. Ben had an arrow notched. But then, Giselle dropped her bow, and pulled out a sword.

A celestial bronze and steel sword. It wasn't hers that's for sure.

Ben shot at her, but she swiped it away easily.

Ben cursed in ancient Greek and drew a dagger, a celestial bronze and steel knife, enough to kill both mortals and demigods.

He swung at my face, but I deflected it with my bow. I kicked him in the gut, sending him backwards. He flew into the far wall, groaning as he got up.

"You're going to pay for that." He snarled, launching himself at Giselle

"NO!" I heard Harry scream, trying to desperately break out from the water

"You cannot help your friends Son of Aphrodite. You shall die alongside them."

Suddenly, I felt sick. A pain, rippled through me, like over a river when you skip a stone, it flooded through me.

I looked up to see the faces of my family. It was only an illusion, but it seemed so real.

I reached out to touch them, but I fell, letting the darkness consume me, and my family's faces fading.

~Giselle's POV~

Zayn fell beside me, the poisoned arrow sticking out of his arm. He wouldn't die; just suffer a ton of intense pain.

"How could you do that your half-brother?" I screamed

"The same way I did it to my real brother."

Then I remembered, Ben had killed his real brother. He had stabbed him the back before I had met him.

Suddenly, I couldn't take it.

I lifted Backbiter and ran towards him. I swung, and he dodged. Then, he was backed up to the edge of the rocks. If he fell, he was sure to die, falling down the falls and hitting the rocks below.

"I'm sorry Ben." I whispered, before Backbiter at his feet, causing him to lose his balance, falling down towards the rocks below.