THE FIFTHTEENTH LETTER [NOT SENT]

harry,

it's an hour before i set off to come and meet you.

you texted me ten minutes ago to make sure i was still coming. did you think i would bail on you?

i thought i was nervous to speak with you on the phone, but the way i feel about meeting you in person is on an entirely different level. it doesn't even compare.

i'm more nervous than the time you made me ride that rollercoaster with you when we went to alton towers with the guys. you promised i would be fine and i was, apart from the swirling feeling i felt in my stomach as we walked away from it afterwards that was distinctively alike to that of the ocean waves.

i didn't eat much for breakfast this morning. i was too nervous and i know that if i told you this you'd tell me i was being stupid and then you would buy me food. well, that was what it used to be like when we were still us.

im writing the rest now im home. i have so much to say.

i was early because i was afraid of being late. i got my coffee and sat down at the table for two beside the large glass window so i was certain you'd see me. i didn't want you to miss me and think i'd not come.

i had barely touched my drink before you'd come in. you wore your blue hoodie and you seemed to be slightly out of breath. as you sat down in front of me with the smile i loved so much on your face, i felt like nothing had changed.

you spoke first and from there things just spiralled into conversation after conversation. you asked me how job hunting was going, even though i'd told you only days before. i think you knew, you were just trying to keep the conversation going.

then you asked me about simon and if there was anything going on. i swore that there wasn't and that simon and i were just friends. you seemed satisfied. more than satisfied, if the grin on your face was anything to go by. i have a suspicion that it was a smile of relief.

when i asked you about your girlfriend, or ex girlfriend now, you seemed to go quieter. maybe you loved her more than you thought. i didn't mention it again. i don't like upsetting you.

the one moment that took my breath away was when you took my hand in yours from across the table and just let them rest there, intertwined again like nothing ever happened.

and we were us again within that pocket of time.

yours always,
love, marnie x