Just a nightmare - 3

Frisk awoke in a bed. She couldn't tell whose bed, since it was dark. She sat up, and reached for a lamp. She felt one, and pulled the cord, lightening the room.

She looked around, the light piercing her dreary eyes.

She saw she was in a bed, in- Sans' room?

She immediately got up out of bed, knowing she wasn't supposed to be there. She slowly started walking towards the door, but she heard something that startled her.

A snore. She fell over and hit the ground with a loud THUNK!

She sat up and rubbed her head. "Ow." She heard rustling. She immediately noticed someone was there. "Hello?" A deep voice asked. Frisk saw the lamp turn on again and a familiar face looked over the bed at Frisk.

"Oh, heyya kid." Sans said, ignoring the fact she was sitting on the ground, rubbing her head. "Hi Sans." She told him, standing up. She headed towards the door.

Sans' eyes grew bigger. "Hey, where are you going?" He asked, getting out of bed and slipping on his slippers.

"To my room." Frisk said turning her head. Sans walked towards her. "Oh." He said, noticing the question was stupid.

Frisk turned around and stared at him. Sans' face immediately turned blue.

"I'm sorry, t-that question was s-stupid..."

Frisk slowly took a step towards him. Then, she jumped at him and gave him a huge hug. "no, it wasn't." She whispered where his ear should be.

Sans smiled and returned the hug. After awhile, Frisk backed away. "So kid, you wanna stay for the rest of the night?" He asked. Frisk nodded happily.

Sans flopped onto his mattress bed and Frisk got on the other side.

Frisk pulled her legs up to her chest and snuggled next to Sans. He wrapped his arm around her, smiling.

"Thanks kiddo." He told her before closing his eyes.

"Your welcome." Frisk told him.

Sans and Frisk slowly fell asleep.

Frisk woke up in a dark, cold place. She shivered and tried to pull a jacket over herself, but nothing was there. She forgot that she wasn't wearing Sans' jacket.

"help." she heard a small voice say. Frisk looked around, through the fast-falling snowflakes. She saw a limp, blood covered body on the ground. Frisk gasped and ran towards it, before noticing who it was.

"Sans?" She asked, wanting to touch him but she knew it would hurt him. "Please oh please tell me that's ketchup." she said quietly.

Sans looked up at her, his right eye dimly flickering. "F-frisk? i thought she got you." Sans slowly said. Frisk could feel tears running down her cheeks. "sans, what happened? who's 'she'?" She asked quietly but quickly

Sans opened his mouth to speak, but Frisk motioned for him not to. "fr-frisk..." Sans reached out, his hand all bloody.

She took it. "i love you." he said, his face losing any color it had. "Sans don't do this to me." she told him gripping his hand harder.

She felt so many emotions right now. Sad, mad, confused, and mostly bashful. Sans had told her he loved her. As a friend? As a girlfriend?

Frisk wanted to ask him, but when she looked at him, his eyes were closed. "SANS!" She screamed. She burst into tears. She could hear footsteps crunching snow behind her. She turned around, to see a figure. The figure was as tall as her, long hair, a yellow-striped green sweater, and a wicked smile.

"i found you." the figure said, then slashed a knife at Frisk.

Frisk screamed.

Frisk's eyes opened. It was just a dream.

No.

a nightmare.

She immediately remembered where she was.

But she didn't remember this-

She awoke to Sans holding her in a loving embrace, her lips connected to where his should be.

Her eyes widened. She immediately felt tears rolling down her face.

Not because of Sans,

but because of the dream. 

She backed away from the kiss. her face turned red. She rolled over, but Sans' arm were still wrapped around hers.

She let that slip by.

And she fell asleep again.