Consigliere X Forger

Consigliere's POV

I remember a time when things were simpler. When we could live our lives in peace. When he was still here. I flip through my scrapbook. A lump in my throat forms and tears roll down my cheek.

"You're ruining your makeup" The Godfather hands me a tissue.

"T-Thank you" I take the tissue and dab my eyes. I look into the tissue and see the black mascara from my watering eyes. It's as black as my heart. Ever since he left me I've never felt the same. Never felt any emotion but sadness, anger. I try and move on. He would have wanted me to... But I just... Can't. I swore I'd get revenge. I'm biding my time. Waiting for the opportune moment to strike back at the man who robbed me of the love of my life. The only one who ever really understood me. It's our 2 year anniversary...Or was supposed to be. I flip through the scrapbook he made me for our 1 year anniversary. I remember that day. Almost like it was yesterday.

1 Year ago

I wake up. All cosy and warm in our bed.

"Good morning sweetheart-" I stretch my arm over to his side and feel nothing but cold sheets. He's not there? Where is he? I sit up in bed and let out an embarrassingly loud yawn. He was always ok with whatever flaw I had. Even as ridiculous as my yawn. I stretch my arms, rub my eyes. As I'm getting out of bed something catches my eye. It was a trail of petals. White rose petals. My favourite flower!

"Awwww he's such a sweetie" I blush. I'm glad nobody is around to see me. I follow the the trail. It leads to our secret Mafia base. I open the secret hatch and make sure nobody is around to see me. I hop in and walk through the dimly lit tunnel. We really need to replace those lamps. The rose petals seem to go on forever. How did he get so many petals? How much did they cost? Gee I don't deserve a boyfriend as great as him. The petals lead to the Godfather's mansion....THE GODFATHER'S MANSION?! Why would they lead here!? Only one way to find out. I open the hatch and make sure nobody is watching. I climb out and look at my attire. Covered In dirt, great. I know I shouldn't have worn the White dress. They lead to the front door.

"Here goes nothing." I mumble and tap the door. I hear  fumbling around inside before the Godfather answers.

"M-morning sir" I stutter. I'm too excited to care though. What has he planned?

"Uhhhh....Morning Alice?" He looks REALLY confused. I look down.

"Oh uh, long story, I'll tell you later" I look away unable to make eye contact due to the sheer embarrassment.

"Ok? Why are there so many rose petals scattered outside my door?" He looks puzzled. Is this some sort of misunderstanding? Oh god I'm a fool

"Come in" he welcomes me into his house. I've never actually been in his house before. I thought it'd look a lot different than this.

"So uh, what are you doing here?" God he must not know about this it IS a misunderstanding oh god I've really gone and embarrassed myself.

"I was following the trail, it was outside of my house too... You haven't seen William have you?" I ask hoping to at least redeem a little bit of my dignity.

"No, sorry. BUT I'm glad you stopped by. I found something while visiting my target yesterday. You're the smartest and was hoping you could tell me something about it?" He gets up and shows me the way to the room.

"Oh gee you're embarrassing me" as if I could BE any more embarrassed right now.

"Sure I'll take a look where is it-" he opens the door and inside is a dimly lit room with candles EVERYWHERE...And there's William. OH THANK GOD IM NOT BEING AN IDIOT!